• Click image for larger version

Name:	271731527_2375219939285492_5533454195265576444_n.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1927572
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

• Oh I dunno, just something in a light tan/beige please.

Comment

• Gone down the YouTube rabbit hole. Actually, these are pretty good videos.

I colorized, restored and created a sound design for this video of Wonderful Trip to San Francisco 1940s we can clearly see what is happening in broad daylig...

At 4:33, a 48(?) Commander/Champion driving away. I'm sure sharp eyed folks can spot more.
          "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

• At 2:44 M16 truck, at 7:12 '36? Dictator? Cpe
            1936 Dictator
            1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
            1953 Commander Regal HT
            1953 2R5 Pickup
            1947 M16 Truck
            1960 Lark VIII Convertible
            1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
            1962 Champ 7E5 no box
            1962 GT Hawk
            1963 Lark VI 4 dr
            1963 GT Hawk R2
            1964 Daytona Convertible
            1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

• This is the UP Michigan, 1950
              Click image for larger version

Name:	B1047A7E-57F9-4883-AA45-E7ECB025EFDD.jpeg
Views:	457
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1927933
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Oh yes......sometimes the wait for the ferry would be 3-4 hours. Before the bridge was built between the upper and lower peninsula that wait was normal, it was a REAL frozen pain in the winter. Yes, the boats ran year round and the crossing could be very rough and windswept! I wonder if folks under 60 would even have an idea of what it was like? Looking back at it from my rather current 'creaky' condition not only can I enjoy it BUT consider myself darn lucky for the experience . As my dad had navy boat steam and city steam power plant history we would dive down to the engine room for the trip . Man you could NOT be allowed to do that today........ What a shame. Thanks for the memories guys .

Comment

• Originally posted by firestoper 25 View Post
                  Oh yes......sometimes the wait for the ferry would be 3-4 hours. Before the bridge was built between the upper and lower peninsula that wait was normal, it was a REAL frozen pain in the winter. Yes, the boats ran year round and the crossing could be very rough and windswept! I wonder if folks under 60 would even have an idea of what it was like?
                  Not likely, as the Mackinac Bridge was opened in 1957.

Craig

Comment

• Winter ferry schedule to Mackinac Island from either upper or lower side of Michigan starts 1 Nov 2021 runs every day , weather permitting, except X-Mas.
                    My brother in law works on the island building / maintaining those gazilloin dollar houses. Tuff job somebody has to do it. No boat they fly him across, the plane is not his favorite .
                    If my foggy memory is working it was early Nov. when the bridge service started and for a while you could still get some very limited boat service. My wife's grandfather was a high iron steel worker....gave him a very good income for the duration

Comment

• Here’s another one that’s fun to search through. I didn’t count how many, but I had a quick look I did notice two Studebakers (so far).

Name:	40867213-BD9D-4A9E-9CCF-F5F67BFFE774.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1928732
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Most interesting are the Packard wagon ( or 'Station Sedan') and the Buick Estate Wagon in the above photo.

Craig

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B3E346C1-6A95-4C1F-9255-AF63992F5B42.jpeg
Views:	359
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1928814
                          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Portland, Oregon:

Name:	E9791B82-0FE4-44B1-8124-A59A77E36864.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1929212

Comment

• 11788 looks like a 2 Fer! A P2 Box Champ with unknown wheel cover across the street from the Pink and Black '55 4 door Sedan!
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                                11788 looks like a 2 Fer! A P2 Box Champ with unknown wheel cover across the street from the Pink and Black '55 4 door Sedan!
                                Looks like a '57-'60 Ford to me.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X