Clear All

• Does Sud Americana count....

....I hope so.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• #1474: we had a red -59 Lark station-wagon... what a lovely car!!!...

#1475: where did the narrow-track (as in #1460) go?

Comment

"Das Deutsche ist kommin, das Deutsche ist kommin!"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
            I dunno, Joe; if that isn't an ominous picture, with all the bugs crawling ashore, I don't know what is!

('Almost thought there was a second Studebaker in the picture; the square roof on the far left. But that rear quarter window is too small for a Gran Turismo Hawk, so it must be a 1958-1960 Squarebird Thunderbird.)

Neat photo. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              I dunno, Joe; if that isn't an ominous picture, with all the bugs crawling ashore, I don't know what is!

('Almost thought there was a second Studebaker in the picture; the square roof on the far left. But that rear quarter window is too small for a Gran Turismo Hawk, so it must be a 1958-1960 Squarebird Thunderbird.)

Neat photo. BP
              Bob, I thought the same thing about the VW's by the dozens coming into the county. Certainly a view into the future. Studebaker fails and VW swamps us with bug. Then of course there are the thoughts about how things might have been different if VW and Studebaker had joined forces. Oh well.......
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

• I remember a thought comparing the Citroen 2CV and the Beetle, "One is a brilliant idea horrendously executed while the other is a horrendous idea brilliantly executed!".

Comment

• I've had many cars, beetles 'cause they came almost for free once upon a time - & 2cv's 'cause they're awfully charming, comfortable & easily the funniest car ever made = more a toy with umbrella than a car: no power, no heating system, no speed & never having to slow down for a speedbump while other cars almost have to stop for them... & the only(!) thing you have to do from under the engine/gearbox when working on it is to let the oil out!

Comment

• Oh No!

This is in Tallahassee, Florida in 1951. I found the first picture on the H.A.M.B. but looked up the name of the station and found it was part of a fire. Whether the Studebaker truck caused the fire or the building fell on it as a result of the fire I don't know. For more pictures: http://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/54398

Last edited by JRoberts; 03-27-2013, 03:04 AM. Reason: More informaiton found.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Where else could this be but South Bend.....

.....I mean three Bulletnoses at one time......

Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser

Comment

• #1484: Isn't that the same State Theater as on the cover of the 1961 Lark brochure, but with a vertical sign earlier in life?

South-Benders, please confirm. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                          #1484: Isn't that the same State Theater as on the cover of the 1961 Lark brochure, but with a vertical sign earlier in life?

South-Benders, please confirm. BP
                          Check this thread: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=lark+brochure

I'd say yes.
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• That IS in fact the State Theater from the cover of the '61 Lark advertisement catalog.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X