Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
    This could be one of the coolest pictures of the thread so far. I love it.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

. Spot that Stude . . V

Comment

• Comment

• Now if the baby in #1447 wasn't so cute, it could be Dick Quinn. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Besides the black Stude hardtop, there are some very interesting vehicles in this picture.

Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Behind the Stude is an English Ford of some type. In the parking lot is a Renault Dauphine, a banged-up '51 Nash, and to the right side a white Crosley wagon and in front of that, a Citroen. Very interesting indeed.

Dave Bonn
              '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

• In #1449, I was kind of digging the 1957 Ford Del Rio 2-door wagon at the curb...not only a 2-door, but the lowest production of all five 1957 Ford wagons, "The Wagon Master" of the 1950s. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
                  Behind the Stude is an English Ford of some type.
                  Most likely a Consul. I posted one similar here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=consul

Craig

Comment

• Yep; there's a Studebaker here, but bring in the women and children!

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• "Honey, I'm taking the Studebaker today so you and the girls can have the Caddy for Bridge Club....uh, and while you're out, don't forget to stop by Jim's Super Shell and have him gas it up again; it's been three days since we filled it, so it's probably running low...."

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• sigpic
                        1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0161.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1679533 In the movies

Comment

• I wish I knew more about this picture. Anybody know anything about it?

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                              I wish I knew more about this picture. Anybody know anything about it?
                              Well, Joe; I'm glad the one guy is scratching the bumper of the Plymouth with his right foot, rather than the Studebaker! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                                I wish I knew more about this picture. Anybody know anything about it?

I would like to say its the Mobilgas Economy Run, but the painting on the doors of all those STATION WAGONS indicate some other kind of test. Perhaps performance comparisons while loaded to capacity?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X