No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For post #11650, why so many cars lined up to get gas at a very rural location? The terrain is definitely woodsy / mountainous and from the number of cars waiting in line, you'd think this was the last-chance gas station for the next 300 miles.

Comment

• Anybody know this location ? sorry abt picture quality

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1625.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	1912247

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick LeRoux View Post
        For post #11650, why so many cars lined up to get gas at a very rural location? The terrain is definitely woodsy / mountainous and from the number of cars waiting in line, you'd think this was the last-chance gas station for the next 300 miles.

Sequoia National Park, currently in the news
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• A two-fer from today's Old Motor:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• And another:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• And the Padre drives a Packard; inneresting.

Comment

• It says, NO, LA, 1950. How I wish I could step into that picture

Name:	627B127A-4B8D-4A4D-83E7-A5FDFAADBFCA.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1912792
                Attached Files
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• "Look mum, dad's bought the sweetest sedan ever!!!"
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	WinterStude.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	1912884
                  This is where that picture-that-refuses-to-get-in-here would be...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    It says, NO, LA, 1950. How I wish I could step into that picture

Name:	627B127A-4B8D-4A4D-83E7-A5FDFAADBFCA.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1912792
                    Me too! Now, who knows the name Gulf gave to their lubrication services? BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• ??gulflube??

Comment

• Originally posted by skyway View Post
                        ??gulflube??
                        Not quite, but the first five letters of your answer are correct. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

...who knows the name Gulf gave to their lubrication services? BP
                          GULF PRIDE I think I had an old can with that label.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	12041220_10206691983892722_1813116582_o.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1913041
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	242197683_4734334746579042_5214636712693597259_n.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1913044
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

• Originally posted by jclary View Post

GULF PRIDE I think I had an old can with that label.
                                Right, John; that was one of their lines of oil, but it wasn't the specific name they assigned to their lubrication services.

It was one word and, as you can see from the answer to Skyway, the first five letters were G U L F L BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Working...
                                X