Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Sunday, October 25 Old Motor:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Bob,
      Looks to be 1964 seeing as it is a square headlamp Avanti and a Mustang notchback.

Comment

• Back row 7 th car 1965 Chew Impala. Sherm / Green Bay / 63R1089 (We had snow this afternoon.......)

Comment

• The newest car in the photo appears to be the 1966 Chevrolet Impala next to the Volkswagen in the row closest to us, if we are trying to date the photograph. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Yup, but its an early 66....so its still 1965. I'm JUST kidding ( I like the 65's best). My parents bought a new 65 Impala SS and I STILL wish I had that car and yes I did MISS the 66 in the front row! Thanks Bob I have to pay better attention........ Sherm / Green Bay / 63R1089

Comment

• You and everyone else on '65 Impalas, John.

AFAIK, 1965 remains the only year in which Chevrolet built and sold more than 1,000,000 Impalas...and that does NOT include Impala station wagons, nor does it include Bel-Airs or Biscaynes! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• From the Sunday, November 1, 2020, Old Motor:

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  You and everyone else on '65 Impalas, John.

AFAIK, 1965 remains the only year in which Chevrolet built and sold more than 1,000,000 Impalas...and that does NOT include Impala station wagons, nor does it include Bel-Airs or Biscaynes! BP
                  I think it was in 1965 that the Caprice made it debut, only as a 4 door hardtop. It was probably included in the Impala total. 1966 had the 2 door sport coupe and I think a convertible model in addition to the 4 door.

Bob Miles

Comment

• Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post

I think it was in 1965 that the Caprice made it debut, only as a 4 door hardtop. It was probably included in the Impala total. 1966 had the 2 door sport coupe and I think a convertible model in addition to the 4 door.

Bob Miles
                    In 1965, the Caprice was a top-of-the-line option (RPO Z18) 4-door hardtop in the Impala series. In 1966, it was spun off as a separate series, composed of 2- and 4-door hardtops and wagon. The convertible was still only available as an Impala and Impala SS.

Skip Lackie

Comment

• Found on the Internet:

Comment

• Can anyone identify the little girl on the trike and her location? Someone here's Mom perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                          Can anyone identify the little girl on the trike and her location? Someone here's Mom perhaps?
                          If the pic is truly contemporary to the car, and the toy tractor, trike, little girl's outfit seems to confirm...if she still survives...probably someone's grandmother (great grandmother?) by now. A terrific picture though, and would make a great Turning Wheels Cover photo.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• From the Sunday, November 8, 2020 Old Motor:

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              From the Sunday, November 8, 2020 Old Motor:

1941 two door sedan setting at the power pole. I think a Champion.
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	55f60036709f6.image.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1866233

Comment

Working...