• Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1859354
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

• That is the way they do it out here. I used to get tickets going home from night shift work, driving my 53 K through Reseda at 1 AM. Then take it to the Van Nuys court house and the Sheriff would come out and do this. Then go pay the $50. After 3 times with the same cop, I went the long way around.

Comment

• What infraction would he be cited for? Noise?

Comment

• Calif. law at the time said that a car could be no louder than it came from the factory. Take a warmed up 232 with 26" steel packs and 4 foot lake pipes in a street with buildings on both sides at 1;00 AM and the cop after stopping me the first time asked let's smell your breath. Figuring I just came from a bar and hoping to get a DUI, said that car sounded a little loud, start it up. I did and he said "Don't be afraid rap the gas once or twice." Then wrote me up for loud mufflers. But the Sheriff at the court house just came out with that decibel meter and measured it at an idle, then signed the ticket and told me to go pay the $50. The same cop stopped me going home 2 more times. That third time I had to go before the judge and the judge told me that if he sees me in here for a loud muffler ticket it will be $150 and 3 days in jail.

Comment

• 1955 Packard Clipper, product of The Studebaker-Packard Corporation, in the Sunday, October 11 Old Motor:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Another from today's Old Motor:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• I see at least 7 Cadillacs on that mountaintop, & what’s with the airplane?

Comment

• Bob, is that a twofer? Check out the center lane, two thirds of the way back looks like it may be a Lark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                    Bob, is that a twofer? Check out the center lane, two thirds of the way back looks like it may be a Lark.
                    Good eye, Bill; I believe you're right.

It's in front of a 1958 Ford.

If it isn't a 1959/1960 Studebaker Lark, I don't know what else it could be. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_p4l4xtvVeR1r189t6o1_1280.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1861900

Comment

• Looks fast! Looks like it’s pulling away from those much slower cars😉

Comment

• Originally posted by Brianbo View Post
                          Looks fast! Looks like it’s pulling away from those much slower cars😉
                          Actually, I think he is pulling away from the slower bus and all the others are going around the bus and will soon pass the Champion

Bob Miles

Comment

• Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post

Actually, I think he is pulling away from the slower bus and all the others are going around the bus and will soon pass the Champion

Bob Miles
                            Must be downhill.
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Comment

• From Drag City Casting's daily dose. Click image for larger version

Name:	122501295_1322469594812078_2513528268830785769_o.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	1862174
                                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                                Searcy, Arkansas
                                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                                X