No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many germans & dutch have got imported those VW's from some US states were they didn't rust much...

Comment

• From the Sunday, March 8, Old Motor:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	88442088_1135969050128801_4649404983861575680_o.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1824486
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

• Re: 11027, that's an Autocar Diesel made in Exton, PA blocking the intersection (along with the Buick and Starlight coupe).

Comment

• 1965 - San Antonio - in front of a historic home called the "Diaz House". Vintage San Antonio Facebook page

Comment

• Hmmm... the car behind the -59 Chevy; behind the tree to the right it looks like a fullsize -64 Chevy rear but to the left in the picture the windscreen/front roof looks like a Nova.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                Hmmm... the car behind the -59 Chevy; behind the tree to the right it looks like a fullsize -64 Chevy rear but to the left in the picture the windscreen/front roof looks like a Nova.
                I'll guess '53 Ford.
                D 'N Q RACE ENGINES

Comment

• Just as the one in front of the Studebaker..?

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                    Just as the one in front of the Studebaker..?
                    Side moulding says it's a 1954 Ford.

Comment

• From the Sunday, March 15 Old Motor.

To the left, right beneath the "Coming and Going" sign on the wall, a '53-'54 4-door of some sort. Any others? BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        Any others?

[IMG]

That site has another photo of the same lot taken from the opposite side. A '54 Conestoga appears to be just entering right next to the 'Trade Mart Grill'.

Another rarity is that '54 Crestline Skyliner parked in the corner of the lot with the optional Coronado continental tire.

Craig

Comment

• So if I get it right there's two 53-54 Fords in the picture: the one in front of the Studebaker + one behind the Chevy..?

Comment

• Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

[IMG]

That site has another photo of the same lot taken from the opposite side. A '54 Conestoga appears to be just entering right next to the 'Trade Mart Grill'.

Another rarity is that '54 Crestline Skyliner parked in the corner of the lot with the optional Coronado continental tire.

Craig
                            Is it just my twisted mind or was a special place devoted to high end cars like the Crestliner and the Cadillacs? Much less fuss to get them out of the parking lot than if they were at the third row in the back.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I think the Conestoga is parked & the 53-54 Dodge is on its way in behind the truck.
                              Then I wonder about a car on the other side of the street behind the line of cars parked by the sidewalk that starts with the Chrysler; there's the Chrysler, the Chevy, the truck & so on & then after the gap..?
                              Also the under the "1550 Nash" sign, betwen the De Soto & a car I can't name..? It looks like a convertible with white top.

Comment

• Noxnabaker, I also noticed the dark car with the white top under the Nash sign. Could be a late 40's Studebaker Convertible? Not positive, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X