ID:	1725120
        Kalispell, MT

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	WhiteHawk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1725121
          Thought this might be Ft Collins, CO based on the type of parking, but not sure.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferry.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1725122
            Streamline Ferry Lake Champlain, 1956.

Comment

• q, Looking at 10395 above, that looks like Santa Ana raceway, with the telephone poles along the side of the track. But I couldn't say if that is the Whistler.

Comment

• Looks like the original blue mist color of the Whistler.

Comment

• This video may have been posted before; if so, I didn't find it.

However, there's a Studebaker at about 1:29:

BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    q, Looking at 10395 above, that looks like Santa Ana raceway, with the telephone poles along the side of the track. But I couldn't say if that is the Whistler.
                    License plates are not from CA

1956/62 CA non commercial plates are yellow with black letters. 1963/68 CA non commercial plates are black with yellow letters.

Both types have a 3 letter, 3 number sequence.

Comment

• As far as The Whistler goes. I'm not saying it's not. There is a lot of spots in years that aren't accounted for. From at least late 64 to 69 we know the car was for sale in 64 and we know the car was sold at a used car lot in Tucson in 1969. If it's possible the owner of the slide could have it enhanced by a professional so we can figure out what's written across the windshield and possibly what is showing on the side of the door and fender. Thanks John Kroulik

Comment

• Originally posted by studejohn View Post
                        As far as The Whistler goes. I'm not saying it's not. There is a lot of spots in years that aren't accounted for. From at least late 64 to 69 we know the car was for sale in 64 and we know the car was sold at a used car lot in Tucson in 1969. If it's possible the owner of the slide could have it enhanced by a professional so we can figure out what's written across the windshield and possibly what is showing on the side of the door and fender. Thanks John Kroulik
                        Thanks for weighing in, John.

We know The Whistler was an early car without fender tags, right? The subject car doesn't appear to have fender tags. In your working on the car now, and in your opinion, do you think The Whistler ever had Avanti-Supercharged fender tags? BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• I do have the original slide. It was processed December 1963. I used to have a slide projector, think I may have pitched it when I moved a year ago. At some point I'll try to enlarge it to see more details. I have a friend that does all sorts of photography.
                          Brian

Comment

• I do have the original slide. It was processed December 1963. I used to have a slide projector, think I may have pitched it when I moved a year ago. At some point I'll try to enlarge it to see more details. I have a friend that does all sorts of photography.

John, if this is, or may be the car that you now own, send me your address and I will send you the slide. I don't need it, it will mean more to you than to me.
                            Brian

Comment

• Thanks Bob The Whistler never had any signs of any badges or holes. I did recover the original fenders. One was on another car at Chuck's painted gold it was destroyed and the other was in a pile sheet metal at Chuck's place I'm 99.9% sure they were from The Whistler. Both inner fenders were cut out for headers.

Comment

• Maybe this is better. Original resolution is limited.Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude Race (2).jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1725126

Comment

Working...
                                X