• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	48 convertible pc sao paulo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1675614
    Note location. Unusual to see the top of the line in S.A. Note too the number of accessories.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

• What that ^^^ nice convertible doing parked in front of my house ?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

• I had never heard of this before. It is a giant 1935 Land Cruiser at the 1934 Chicago World's Fair. Check it out here http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1934-1...d-cruiser7.htm

Last edited by JRoberts; 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                    Interesting photo, Joe; do you know the story behind it? Is the old Pontiac being given away in a raffle or something? I can't quite make out the information on the door.

In any case, it sure is a rare model, being the Steamliner "fastback" rather than the more conventional, and more popular, "notchback" sedan. 1950 was the last model year for the Steramliner fastback in a 4-door sedan, but the Streamliner 2-door was continued into 1951. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• That pic above proves woman look best when posing on " pre-war " Studebakers . (winky smiley here) .

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                                Interesting photo, Joe; do you know the story behind it? Is the old Pontiac being given away in a raffle or something? I can't quite make out the information on the door.

In any case, it sure is a rare model, being the Steamliner "fastback" rather than the more conventional, and more popular, "notchback" sedan. 1950 was the last model year for the Steramliner fastback in a 4-door sedan, but the Streamliner 2-door was continued into 1951. BP
                                I wish I had some informaiton about the picture, but I don't. I assume, as you did, that the Caddy is part of some auction, raffle, etc.. I found the picture on the H.A.M.B.
                                Joe Roberts
                                '61 R1 Champ
                                '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X