• Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Bates View Post
      Is that a 54 wagon 2 down from the 55?
      I think so, Dave. Good eye. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomlewis View Post
        I really like shots like this. I count at least four Studebakers, no pickups or commercial vehicles except for the busses. The newest car I can identify for sure is the '56 Plymouth in the front row of parking, though I am not sure on the year models of some of the Buicks. Tom
        Tom, the two-tone green Plymouth in the first row, next to the empty parking place, is a 1955 model. There are a lot of 1955 models in that photo, but I see only one 1956; the two-tone blue Chevy 210, the eighth car from the left in Row 3. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Question:
          Can you tell me what aftermarket radiator fits a '53 Coupe?
          Answer:
          All of them!
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

• sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

• sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

• sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

• About #8313 & newer cars: what about the Buick behind the Plymouth?

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    Tom, the two-tone green Plymouth in the first row, next to the empty parking place, is a 1955 model. There are a lot of 1955 models in that photo, but I see only one 1956; the two-tone blue Chevy 210, the eighth car from the left in Row 3. BP
                    AH. I see it now. When I first saw it I thought it was a '56 because of the side trim. I had forgotten that that style of trim started in '55 and carried over with a little modification in '56. '56 saw taller tail fins too. I jumped on that identification because my parents bought a new '56 Plymouth when I was 9 and I remember that trim vividly. Tom

Comment

• 8313 and it's Copy 8324 look like the Wyoming State Capitol or one of the Capitols, on a VERY Busy day!
                      But this pic has probably the MOST Studes. in one non-Factory Photo that we have seen here in all these "In the Day" Photos! I am up to SEVEN and there have to be more in the curved driveway too far to I.D.

YES, MANY, many Studes. there, including 2 Conestoga's. I do not see any newer Than 1956, could be taken in earlier '56, before the '57's came out. Quite a few '55's, isn't that a '56 Caddy in the Right Front?
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

• sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

• Childhood backyard during remodeling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotoScan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1712900

Comment

• sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1712907...................

Comment

• Originally posted by tstoj38 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]62855[/ATTACH]...................
                                This picture was taken in northeastern North Carolina during the Great Depression. There are others of this same car and the other people who were in the car. These folks were migrant farm workers. Traveling north to harvest potatoes if I remember correctly.
                                Joe Roberts
                                '61 R1 Champ
                                '65 Cruiser
                                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                                X