Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The two large photos in #7445 look just fine, Dave. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Studedude View Post
      On this post (also 6458 & 6769) I noticed the fender ornaments (PN 296548), which are called Ornament w/ insert in the parts book. The '52 I drug out of an apple orchard in '66 had a similar ornament on the rear fender, but without an insert, which I assume was plastic. The chrome was heavily bubbled due to the lack of wartime nickel, so I went to a remaining Studebaker dealer who had new ones. I see on previous posts 4325 & 4419 (same scene - different view) and what appears to be the same car on post 5738, that the '51 ornaments (PN 291678), seen on post 5885 were retro mounted to the rear. So my questions are:
      Were late '52 model year ornaments produced , or maybe only as replacements, that were solid? Or were there ever any factory mounted rear ornaments in '52?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
        That convert is one of the best looking modified '53-5 Studebakers I have ever seen. It really looks like it should be that way and if you didn't know better you would think it came right off of the assembly line in South Bend.

The second picture also brought a smile to my face. I really like that shot. Thanks Dave!
        My pleasure, Joe! I try not to duplicate your efforts, but the thread is pretty long... I've probably duplicated a few of my own.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by HOXXOH View Post
                On this post (also 6458 & 6769) I noticed the fender ornaments (PN 296548), which are called Ornament w/ insert in the parts book. The '52 I drug out of an apple orchard in '66 had a similar ornament on the rear fender, but without an insert, which I assume was plastic. The chrome was heavily bubbled due to the lack of wartime nickel, so I went to a remaining Studebaker dealer who had new ones. I see on previous posts 4325 & 4419 (same scene - different view) and what appears to be the same car on post 5738, that the '51 ornaments (PN 291678), seen on post 5885 were retro mounted to the rear. So my questions are:
                Were late '52 model year ornaments produced , or maybe only as replacements, that were solid? Or were there ever any factory mounted rear ornaments in '52?
                From a '52 accessory catalog:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	'52 booklet 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1711526

Comment

• Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]60556[/ATTACH]
                  That's exactly it. Must be sorta rare, as I've never seen another. I just replaced the bad condition ones, since weight high in the back was a good place to make the 3030# minimum for the class.

Comment

• [QUOTE I try not to duplicate your efforts, but the thread is pretty long... I've probably duplicated a few of my own. [/QUOTE]
                    It is impossible not to have duplicates on a thread this long. But most of the pictures here are ones I doubt many mind seeing more than once.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]60556[/ATTACH]
                        I really like those rear fender ornaments! I wish they had included them on the "State" models as standard equipment.

Comment

• sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

• - - - Updated - - -

sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                              That is the first time I have seen that particular hood ornament on a Pontiac. I think it was installed off center.
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• sigpic
                                Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                                X