No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a '53 or '54 Dodge. '53 I think. Must be the lowest price line (Coronet?). I think most of those cars had more chrome trim on their sides.

Dave Bonn
    '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

• Bob,
      Here is my hazard guess. I think the car is a 1953 Dodge Meadowbrook Special. The Meadowbrook Special replaced the Wayfarer series in 1953 being the plainest of Janes out there with no trim at all. Car model did not last very long; discontinued in April 1953. Dealer probably add the two tone to move it out. Most makes did not sell as well as 1952 models except for Ford and Chevrolet. People that did buy Dodges probably wanted a V8 Coronet. It would be equivalent to the Studebaker Scotsman.

The folks that owned that car probably only came to town once a month!

Bob Miles
      Tucson AZ
      Home of Lazarus and Meshach

Comment

• Bob Miles, I agree with you. After I posted my guess I looked up '53 Dodges on Wikipedia and read about the Meadowbrook Special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
          Bob,
          Is that an Avanti at the curb on the right side of the picture in the second photo?
          Hard to tell. Looks kinda like one?
          Attached Files
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
            Bob Miles, I agree with you. After I posted my guess I looked up '53 Dodges on Wikipedia and read about the Meadowbrook Special.
            Good detective work, Dave and Bob; I concur.

(And with two Ramblers and a Renault Dauphine also in the lot, Tradewell must've been the cheapest place in town to shop! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
              Bob, Is that an Avanti at the curb on the right side of the picture in the second photo?
              'Good eyeball, Ed; it could well be an Avanti. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Did you know that the X-men drive Studebakers?

Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ