Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Bates View Post
    From post #535 when and where-December 6,1944,Normandy,France
    Normandy, France Omaha Beach. Actually (according to the information on the photo) it was the day after D-Day. That would be June 7th, 1944.
    Last edited by Commander55; 06-27-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Comment

• Wow, Andrew; neat-o: A 1955 Conestoga, a 1957 Golden Hawk, a 1951 Packard 300 sedan, and a 1956 Packard Clipper hardtop. 'Probably a 1950-1952 Studebaker 4-door almost dead center in the photo, too.

Is that a 1956 Studebaker Commander or Champion DeLuxe 4-door sedan, two-tone color, about six cars from the top of the row in which the wagon is closest to us?

Do you have any idea where / when this was taken? I can't read the backwards half-writing across the top.

Cool beans; thanks. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Yeah : That would be Civic Center Mall at 2nd Street & Grand Avenue , Los Angeles, Ca .......... 1961

Comment

• Thanks. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Great picture! Wish it was in color.

It seems they banished the foreign cars back along the rear fence, out of the way of the real cars; probably next to the dumpsters. Which of course is as it should be
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• It`s a Stude and it`s on the roadside . !

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                        It's a Stude and it's on the roadside!
                        Ouch! That hits a little too close to home for my liking, Andrew.

In late spring 1971, I was driving my 1955 two-tone Champion Regal Coupe (can't tell if your photo is a Champion or a Commander, or maybe even a President) on 4-lane, heavily-traveled west 38th street in Indianapolis.

I slowed for a line of stopped traffic, nothing dramatic, and WHAMMO.

Some uninsured, inattentive jerk-wad 19-year old with three buddies in a 1960 Bonneville 4-door hardtop, plowed right into my Champion's left rear at about that exact angle, shoving me forward into a newish 1970 Pontiac in front of me. The damage was about half as bad as the above photo, but my torso bent the driver side seat back and my head wound up resting against the rear seat back as a result.

To this day, 40-odd years later, I still have an occasional back twinge that resulted from said occurance. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Let's cut the Hillman Husky a little slack- at least Mr Loewy hand a hand in it's design!
                          Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          Great picture! Wish it was in color.

It seems they banished the foreign cars back along the rear fence, out of the way of the real cars; probably next to the dumpsters. Which of course is as it should be

Comment

• [QUOTE=BobPalma;658040]Ouch! That hits a little too close to home for my liking, Andrew.

In late spring 1971, I was driving my 1955 two-tone Champion Regal Coupe (can't tell if your photo is a Champion or a Commander, or maybe even a President) on 4-lane, heavily-traveled west 38th street in Indianapolis.

I slowed for a line of stopped traffic, nothing dramatic, and WHAMMO.

Not a Champion. Too many letters on the trunk handle.
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

• " Connecticut " of this year ? . im thinking .

Comment

• Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                                Let's cut the Hillman Husky a little slack- at least Mr Loewy hand a hand in it's design!
                                Delmar (Barney) Roos also worked for Rootes at one point.

That means four of those "furriners" should be easily identifiable. How about the other two?

Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X