Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Meridian, MS

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• WHAT IS THAT STUDEBAKER GUY LOOKING AT ! ? ! ? .

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          I have seen this picture before and really love it. I have often wondered if the Lark was the cause of the dented fender on the Sprite. Thus the need for the presence of law enforcement.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• From Sylvan Beach NY, early 50s. Originally opened in 1934. Was frequented by stars like Duke Ellington, Dezi Arnaz, Nat King Cole, and Frank Sinatra. As a kid, we ate there many times. We had lunch there today; looks like it did in the 70s. This is a picture of a picture on their wall.

Here's their website, with more photos:

http://www.eddies1934.com/
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• We've all got to move sometime.....

....and this would be my choice in moving vans.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Comment

• Check out the Photo in Post #459, above.

We all see the '56 Power or Flight Hawk on the lower street.

But look on the upper level, on the far side of the overpass: What is the odd white 4-door car with black RR tire and no wheel cover, immediately outside the 1956 Ford station wagon, headed in the same direction as the Ford?

Strange; 'can't figure it out. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• That roofline puts me in mind of Kaiser. Or maybe a Frazier?
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• I'm thinking '54 Ford, but it sure is hard to tell.

Dave Bonn
                      '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

• When I blow the picture up the car looks like a Ford to me too. I would have to compare the profile to some other pictures though. Did Ford build a body like that?
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

• I don't think it's a mid-50s Ford of any type. The side molding is too high on the body.

The 1954 Ford Customline series has a full-length, body side stainless-steel molding, but it is right down the center of the side, not that high. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                            Well, with that one way traffic maybe not Main Street. Anybody know where this is?

That would be Hazard Kentucky

Comment

• Bob P, I thought it was a 55 Plymouth in spite of a bit of Lark look.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                                Bob P, I thought it was a 55 Plymouth in spite of a bit of Lark look.
                                My guess is that it's a low-line '52-'54 Mercury.
                                Bill Pressler
                                Kent, OH
                                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                                All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                                X