X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's an Austin.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
      And is the Buick a Cabellaro hardtop wagon?
      John; the wagon is undoubtedly an "ordinary" Special 4-door wagon with heavy center "B" pillar, as seen by looking through the windshield in the photo to the right side (the other side) of the car.

You're right; a Century wagon would have no "B" pillar and would be called a Caballero, as would a 1958 Special Riviera 4-door hardtop wagon. (1958 was sure an odd year for General Motors station wagon nomenclature.) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
        What's the car to the left...a Vauxhall? And is the Buick a Cabellaro hardtop wagon?

As a recent visitor to the park..it's only a few hours down (up?) the road...I'm not sure where that is.
        But I agree, I wouldn't want to be behind a slow car.
        I guess its an Austin A50 or A55.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

• . . . . . . . . I had to draw some clothes on this babe . How did i do ? . . . . . . .

Comment

• Good you saved us from to much of her, as we aint old enough for that kinda stuff just yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              John; the wagon is undoubtedly an "ordinary" Special 4-door wagon with heavy center "B" pillar, as seen by looking through the windshield in the photo to the right side (the other side) of the car.
              Bob,

It is definitely a hardtop wagon. The thin chrome window frames are a giveaway, and what appears to be a 'B' pillar on the opposite side is someone wearing dark clothing standing next to the car.

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
                I guess its an Austin A50 or A55.
                Yes, for sure: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=Cambridge

Craig

Comment

• no yell`in if it`s a repeat .

Comment

• sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

• sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

• Originally posted by Nox View Post
                        It's an Austin.
                        Specifically a '54 to '56 A50.

Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                          no yell`in if it`s a repeat .

Really cool. I suppose the participants make the parade, but don't you need an audience, too? I know it's the middle of the day, but seems rather sparsely attended, despite the banner promoting it. I've seen better attended parades in Liberty, Utah!
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• There's actually a bus like that in Sweden (of all places...) that a classic car mag is making a repotage about, a total renovation.

Comment

• The bus photo looks like it was taken somewhere out west (Palm trees, Route 66) any idea where this is?

Can you imagine how much money GM had tied up in building and running those busses, hard to believe they would go bankrupt 50 years later.
                              Dan Peterson
                              Montpelier, VT
                              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nox View Post
                                There's actually a bus like that in Sweden (of all places...) that a classic car mag is making a repotage about, a total renovation.
                                Unless it went to Sweden, here is another one. A VERY expensive restoration!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=futureliner

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X