Clear All

• Comment

• A friends car..SAME car as above..

Comment

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
        Seems like overkill for a Bug

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    Some days, you wonder what constitutes progress.

Almost 60 years ago, the sleek, low 1953 Studebaker Starliner in the above ski lodge parking lot, embarrassing the "sporty" 1954 Chevrolet Bel-Air convertible and 1953 Chevrolet Bel-Air hardtop immediately to the left of it, represented the "New European Look."

And indeed it did...quite handsomely so, as a matter of fact.

Now, 59 years(!) later, we are told in this morning's Indianapolis Star, that the automobile below represents the same thing.

Is it just me, or have the Europeans been losing ground, style-wise? <GGG> BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      Now there is an unusual photograph: Of all the identifiable 50s/60s domestic vehicles in a McDonald's parking lot, not one of them is Generous Motors! BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        Now there is an unusual photograph: Of all the identifiable 50s/60s domestic vehicles in a McDonald's parking lot, not one of them is Generous Motors! BP
                        No GM cars...that's what I call a good start!
                        But isn't that a Chevy in the lower right corner?
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

• Rambler I think

Comment

• Notice how the 53-54 coupes are the lowest cars in the pics.

Comment

• In the McDonald's pic, three of the five visible cars were Ramblers. This must have been the McDonald's in Kenosha, WI!

Two of the five were the '60/61 model year Rambler.

To the right (directly in front of the restaurant) is a '63 I believe. I think that is the first good-looking Rambler (IMHO)!
                              Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              (formerly Greenville, PA)
                              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                                To the right (directly in front of the restaurant) is a '63 I believe. I think that is the first good-looking Rambler (IMHO)!

I think it's a 64...different tail lights than 63.
                                63 Avanti R1 2788
                                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                                X