Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Although I love this picture, I am a bit confused about the explanation. Check it out and see what you think.



    http://collectiblecars.nytimes.com/V...ID=COL10022163
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

    Comment





    • left: The last car of the first Studebaker century, 3:20 PM Feb 15, 1952.
      right: The first car of the new Studebaker century, 7:30 AM Feb 18, 1952.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

      Comment


      • #1613 is near Grand Coulee Dam, WA. This may be the main street of Grand Coulee. (Several small towns sprung up during construction).

        Comment


        • Comment


          • Comment


            • Comment


              • Originally posted by JRoberts View Post



                left: The last car of the first Studebaker century, 3:20 PM Feb 15, 1952.
                right: The first car of the new Studebaker century, 7:30 AM Feb 18, 1952.
                Had I been in charge, I would have gone from a Champion to a Commander, not the other way around!
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)




                Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

                Comment


                • ^^ If you were in charge , Studebaker would still be in business . . . . . i thinky ......... ^ ^

                  Comment


                  • #1631... where d'ya get a hold on such a pic???
                    I thought I knew every custom in Stockholm in the 60's & 70's but HERE of all places you show me one I've missed!
                    The reg-number shows it's a Stockholm city -registrated car but they changed the reg-plates in -73 & that was the end of spotting where a car was located.

                    Comment


                    • Last edited by Studedude; 05-25-2013, 05:40 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

                      Comment


                      • I see it...upper right side.
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                          Had I been in charge, I would have gone from a Champion to a Commander, not the other way around!
                          And if I had been in charge~ I'd be wondering why it took them so long to build that 'first car of the second Century'!!!
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

                          3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

                          past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

                          past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                            And if I had been in charge~ I'd be wondering why it took them so long to build that 'first car of the second Century'!!!
                            CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND. Feb. 15th was a Friday. Feb 18th was a Monday.
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)




                            Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                              CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND. Feb. 15th was a Friday. Feb 18th was a Monday.
                              Something told me that would be the case, but I never researched it. I was thinking that maybe the party they had on the 15th may have had some sort of Union mandate for a day or two off to recover or something...

                              We didn't do that sort of thing in the NAVY- my bad!!!



                              StudeDave '57
                              StudeDave '57
                              US Navy (retired)

                              3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                              SDC Member since 1985

                              past President
                              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                              San Diego Chapter SDC

                              past Vice President
                              San Diego Chapter SDC
                              North Florida Chapter SDC

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Nox View Post
                                #1631... where d'ya get a hold on such a pic???
                                I thought I knew every custom in Stockholm in the 60's & 70's but HERE of all places you show me one I've missed!
                                The reg-number shows it's a Stockholm city -registrated car but they changed the reg-plates in -73 & that was the end of spotting where a car was located.
                                Can`t remember where it came from - - - - From another car nut i `m guessing .......................

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X