Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burlington

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

Now this is cool! I'm not much on identifying stuff this old, can somebody give some details. It looks like what I have heard called a "railroad hack." I bought a 2R6 from a guy who had a Model A Ford that was similar to this and he called it that. Great pic that's for sure.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• I hope the city in #1521 is not a mafia town, because that 1961 Mercury on the other side of the street looks like it has quite a load of heavy cargo in the trunk! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              I hope the city in #1521 is not a mafia town, because that 1961 Mercury on the other side of the street looks like it has quite a load of heavy cargo in the trunk! BP
              Gee Bob, maybe its got air bags....oh I guess not in 1961....
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                Gee Bob, maybe its got air bags....oh I guess not in 1961....
                I think Mercury only offered them from 1957-58. But Cadillac did offer air suspension until 1961, though.

Craig

Comment

Now this is cool! I'm not much on identifying stuff this old, can somebody give some details. It looks like what I have heard called a "railroad hack." I bought a 2R6 from a guy who had a Model A Ford that was similar to this and he called it that. Great pic that's for sure.
                  That is a 1927 Dictator. Studebaker was just getting back into making trucks after about a ten year hiatus. Having said that, this is probably a custom built depot hack. The placement of the spare tire is unusual.

Terry

Comment

• Yakima,wa 1960:

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Wow, I have to put on my specks to pick that Lark out lurking in the shadows!

In Post # 1520.

The '63 in 1530 is a lot easier to spot.
                          Last edited by StudeRich; 04-07-2013, 02:50 PM.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
                            That is a 1927 Dictator. Studebaker was just getting back into making trucks after about a ten year hiatus. Having said that, this is probably a custom built depot hack. The placement of the spare tire is unusual.

Terry
                            Yes, Depot hack.
                            On a related note: don't forget where the term "Station wagon" came from. The wagon you took to the RR station to pick up your arriving travelers. For some reason station wagon stuck with us, but not depot hack.
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

According to a station wagon article in June, 1997 Turning Wheels by Fred K. Fox, Studebaker called it an Estate Car in those years. That same photo, but cropped, is shown on page 11.

Craig

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                                '61 R1 Champ
                                '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X