No announcement yet.

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that a Stude in the center of the picture??

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• If you mean the blue 2-door sedan parked by the American flag; yes, I believe it is a '51 Commander. You can see the V8 emblem on the deck lid. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• It's a '52 Commander, I can see the hooded Tail Lights and '52 style stone guards, BP.

I think Bob Andrews needs a LARGER Monitor, that toy ipod or whatever thingy won't cut it Bob!

On our 20 inch PC Desk Top Monitors these Studes pop out like Jennifer Lopez in the middle of a crowd of fat old Men!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 12-30-2011, 03:17 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          It's a '52 Commander, I can see the hooded Tail Lights and '52 style stone guards, BP.

I think Bob Andrews needs a LARGER Monitor, that toy ipod or whatever thingy won't cut it Bob!

On our 20 inch PC Desk Top Monitors these Studes pop out like Jennifer Lopez in the middle of a crowd of fat old Men!
          Hey, c'mon, now, I've got a 20" monitor here too! I can see 'em okay, I'm just not as confident as you top dogs I think it's better to be unsure than catch a beating for misidentifying<GGG>
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            It's a '52 Commander, I can see the hooded Tail Lights and '52 style stone guards, BP.

OK, Rich; I'll take your word on the tail lights; I just can't see them well enough on this monitor. Agreed on the stone guards! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Amazing! in #147 all of those first FOUR Cars that you can see and possibly the 5th. one also, are 2 Doors, the Stude. Sedan, a Ford Convert and the two Coupes, Pontiac & Merc. They are all picking up their Groceries at the Car pick-up at Von's Market. It looks like a L.A. location possibly in Westchester where they had a Broadway Dept. Store nearby.

They certainly were doing a huge Car Pick-up Service at that time, or maybe it's Thanksgiving in Hollywood, where they did not carry their Groceries out like most of us Peons did!
                                Last edited by StudeRich; 12-30-2011, 06:02 PM.
                                StudeRich
                                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                                X