Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Studebaker Thanksgiving (Canadian) weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Studebaker Thanksgiving (Canadian) weekend.

After a crappy-weather week, the sun decided to come out, the Stude racked-up 85 miles of putting around town driving, my daughter and nephew drove the car, a cop (female) let me off with a warning and no ticket, and best of all my Dad finally came to cold Alberta from warm British Columbia to drive the Stude (which used to be his car). The old guy had a hoot, and a smile on his face that I couldn't wipe off all day. Cheers, Junior.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Priceless!!
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Last week it was laying rubber in the mall parkade and this week a warning for What? You are going to give Street Rodders a bad name there in Calgary.

Your Dad did look like he was having a good time without encountering the rath of the local RCMP.
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Looks like he's having fun.

Is your car brown?

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
          Last week it was laying rubber in the mall parkade and this week a warning for What? You are going to give Street Rodders a bad name there in Calgary.

Brian
          ya, I know, tell me about it!. This morning, daybreak about 7:30am, take the Stude out for a drive. Pulling out from my community onto the main road, I accelerate through the gears, not full out throttle, just running through the gears. The road was a 60 zone, I was probably going bout 80 when I got into 5th gear. No traffic around except the one car that is waaaaaay behind me. Stop at the red light....waiting....and the car waaaaay behind me pulls up to my back bumper, and I notice its a police car. Don't give it a second thought, light turns green, I go through the intersection and get up to speed. Look in my review mirror, cop car pulls out from behind me, pulls along side, and the officer motions me to pull over. So I stop the Stude, roll down my window, wait for the officer. She asks what I'm up to, asks for my licence, and proceeds to tell me that she could give me a ticket for speeding. She says she had no idea how fast I was going, only that she saw my tailights disappear rather quickly when I pulled onto the main road. She asked me how fast I thought I was going...I just told her I didn't know, and that I was just out for a morning drive, and just getting the car up to speed. I added that I do this routine every weekend when the roads are quiet and no one is awake in my house. She told me that she was wondering because she saw me driving around the same time on Sunday morning like I had nothing better to do....then asked me to do a better job of respecting the posted limit, and bid me a good morning. I wished her a good morning, put my licence back in my pocket, put my seatbelt back on, started the car, drove off and proceed to do as she instructed...had a good day. Whew, glad I didn't try giving her any static or a BS story, double glad didn't get a ticket. Junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Maybe next week you will have better luck witht that! You are getting closer. Maybe it is that new 5 spped???
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
            X