Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jlmccuan
    replied

Wow, the custom body guy in me just had a heart stopping moment. Apply that hood, headlight, grille arrangement to a hopped up little Lark.

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Oh, PS
    Please post some pictures of your project when you trail fit the Hemi
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Originally posted by TXmark View Post
    well I took one more step towards my HemiStude, so I telling myself I'm commited, not to an asylum, ( or maybe I should be) but like the pig to a bacon and eggs breakfast. I'm to the point where I could finish the engine ass'y put it on a stand and fire it up, well almost I still need a few more parts about $200 worth.

Butt... before I put the engine in the car I have to put my Triumph Vitesse back together for the Nat'ls in Galveston, TX next october. The fat guy in the pic is yours truely and that's our Vitesse I pulled the engine, detailed under the bonnet, and I am working on EFI for the 2 litre inline six, plus a list of other things
    After the Stude, I have a very early '67 Triumph GT6 that in line for a total restoration
    Hi Mark
    I have a 67 Spitfire with a Ford V6 and C3 Auto installed in it. Car is apart and awaiting someone to love it back together????
    Would like to sell this car because I already have too much money invested and not enough interest in the project.
    Good Roads
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• TXmark
    replied
    They were imported in '63 as a Sport 6 less than 900 were sold, mine is a '67 right hand drive the previous owner did as a personal import. I like different that's why I got it, that's why I got a Stude, and that's why I married a redhead.

Originally posted by junior View Post
    So, get creative and squeeze the hemi into the GT6....what's stopping you? lol. Met a guy on my street last summer that has a racing GT6...stopped me in my tracks when I saw it in his garage...both lived on the same street for over 20 years, and I'd never seen his car, and he it turn had never seen any of my cars that I tool around in including my Stude. BTW his is an early one too...looks cool lowered with racing slicks...amazing that he races with the old swing axle setup. Nice Vitesse, never knew they were available in the States, must not be alot of them around anymore. Regards, Junior.
    Last edited by TXmark; 11-09-2011, 07:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    Oops. Has a hole in the hood.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    So, get creative and squeeze the hemi into the GT6....what's stopping you? lol. Met a guy on my street last summer that has a racing GT6...stopped me in my tracks when I saw it in his garage...both lived on the same street for over 20 years, and I'd never seen his car, and he it turn had never seen any of my cars that I tool around in including my Stude. BTW his is an early one too...looks cool lowered with racing slicks...amazing that he races with the old swing axle setup. Nice Vitesse, never knew they were available in the States, must not be alot of them around anymore. Regards, Junior.

Leave a comment:

• TXmark
    replied
    well I took one more step towards my HemiStude, so I telling myself I'm commited, not to an asylum, ( or maybe I should be) but like the pig to a bacon and eggs breakfast. I'm to the point where I could finish the engine ass'y put it on a stand and fire it up, well almost I still need a few more parts about $200 worth.

Butt... before I put the engine in the car I have to put my Triumph Vitesse back together for the Nat'ls in Galveston, TX next october. The fat guy in the pic is yours truely and that's our Vitesse I pulled the engine, detailed under the bonnet, and I am working on EFI for the 2 litre inline six, plus a list of other things
    After the Stude, I have a very early '67 Triumph GT6 that in line for a total restoration
    Last edited by TXmark; 11-09-2011, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crashnzuk
    replied
    Since you already have the majority of the stuff on hand, I say have at it. A bigger engine and a 4 speed are a sure recipe for fun. I don't know what car you have, but anything hemi powered has a market if you go to sell, especially something as interesting and alluring as a Studebaker.
    Travis..

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Speaking of Bill Cathcart, anyone heard from him. His website is gone...

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Stock has its advantages,

KISS,...
    Keep
    It
    Simple
    Stupid.

Sometimes this does apply.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    I've built a near stock driver and I'll still never get my investment back by selling...only by driving. I'm thinking of also doing a resto-mod, but I'll do it with a car that wouldn't otherwise get back on the road. I like the SBC, but think a Cathcart champion engine would be fun, too. Choices like these are fun.

Leave a comment:

• TX Rebel
    replied
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You can always sell a hemi for good money or put it in something else.
    PS I missed you at the picnic.
    BH

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by TXmark View Post
    the cost of this conversion will be near $5000 when I'm done, I've already got $4000 into it, surely it will not raise the value of the car that much, it may even lower the value. that's my main reason for hesitating. But then again it would be awesome
    I'm lucky enough to make a decent hourly wage with unlimited O/T available, so I can raise the funds and justify it that way.
    I tell myself if I pull the trigger and do it I better keep the car for a long time,
    I plan to keep the 289 just in case, that is one advantage no major modifications to fit it in.
    So you've already got the majority of the cost covered and you are still questioning your dream? So you drop it in and you are out a lesser amount as opposed to not putting it in and having it set around. You can always take it out later so what's the issue.

Go for it.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• TXmark
    replied
    Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
    Define your goals. Do you want OOHs and AAAHs at shows possibly at some time in the future or do you want fun for the dollar now?

I've lost count of the Studes I've owned and the engine swaps I've done or helped do. The one thing I do know is when I remember the fun returned for the work and money invested, it is always the close-to-stock cars/trucks which are the winners.

At present, I've invested several years and dollars on two Packard V8s into Stude swaps and one full-race Studebaker V8. They're interesting projects each, with many unique challenges; however, the time and money invested is way off the charts compared to the time I'll ever be driving them. (Looks familiar. Haven't we just been discussing this on another thread?)

Your project, your money, your decision.

jack vines

the cost of this conversion will be near $5000 when I'm done, I've already got $4000 into it, surely it will not raise the value of the car that much, it may even lower the value. that's my main reason for hesitating. But then again it would be awesome
    I'm lucky enough to make a decent hourly wage with unlimited O/T available, so I can raise the funds and justify it that way.
    I tell myself if I pull the trigger and do it I better keep the car for a long time,
    I plan to keep the 289 just in case, that is one advantage no major modifications to fit it in.

Leave a comment:

• TXmark
    replied
    Originally posted by johnod View Post
    Yes they do look real good in there, almost enough to make a guy think about removing a perfectly good sbc.
    I'm hoping my sanity will keep me from doing that.
    But I did see a set of hemi in a stude, motor mounts for sale on the HAMB last week....
    motor mounts, yep the guy want $200 for them, he has a web site also with collector oil cans and such, I offereed $100 he turned me down. I think he should maybe put them on the shelf with the oil cans.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X