No announcement yet.

Hemi Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Bill Cathcart, anyone heard from him. His website is gone...
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Since you already have the majority of the stuff on hand, I say have at it. A bigger engine and a 4 speed are a sure recipe for fun. I don't know what car you have, but anything hemi powered has a market if you go to sell, especially something as interesting and alluring as a Studebaker.
      Travis..

Comment

well I took one more step towards my HemiStude, so I telling myself I'm commited, not to an asylum, ( or maybe I should be) but like the pig to a bacon and eggs breakfast. I'm to the point where I could finish the engine ass'y put it on a stand and fire it up, well almost I still need a few more parts about $200 worth.

Butt... before I put the engine in the car I have to put my Triumph Vitesse back together for the Nat'ls in Galveston, TX next october. The fat guy in the pic is yours truely and that's our Vitesse I pulled the engine, detailed under the bonnet, and I am working on EFI for the 2 litre inline six, plus a list of other things
        After the Stude, I have a very early '67 Triumph GT6 that in line for a total restoration
        Last edited by TXmark; 11-09-2011, 11:04 AM.
        Mark Riesch
        New Bern, NC

Comment

So, get creative and squeeze the hemi into the GT6....what's stopping you? lol. Met a guy on my street last summer that has a racing GT6...stopped me in my tracks when I saw it in his garage...both lived on the same street for over 20 years, and I'd never seen his car, and he it turn had never seen any of my cars that I tool around in including my Stude. BTW his is an early one too...looks cool lowered with racing slicks...amazing that he races with the old swing axle setup. Nice Vitesse, never knew they were available in the States, must not be alot of them around anymore. Regards, Junior.
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Oops. Has a hole in the hood.
            Attached Files
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

They were imported in '63 as a Sport 6 less than 900 were sold, mine is a '67 right hand drive the previous owner did as a personal import. I like different that's why I got it, that's why I got a Stude, and that's why I married a redhead.

Originally posted by junior View Post
              So, get creative and squeeze the hemi into the GT6....what's stopping you? lol. Met a guy on my street last summer that has a racing GT6...stopped me in my tracks when I saw it in his garage...both lived on the same street for over 20 years, and I'd never seen his car, and he it turn had never seen any of my cars that I tool around in including my Stude. BTW his is an early one too...looks cool lowered with racing slicks...amazing that he races with the old swing axle setup. Nice Vitesse, never knew they were available in the States, must not be alot of them around anymore. Regards, Junior.
              Last edited by TXmark; 11-09-2011, 07:49 PM.
              Mark Riesch
              New Bern, NC

Comment

Originally posted by TXmark View Post
                well I took one more step towards my HemiStude, so I telling myself I'm commited, not to an asylum, ( or maybe I should be) but like the pig to a bacon and eggs breakfast. I'm to the point where I could finish the engine ass'y put it on a stand and fire it up, well almost I still need a few more parts about $200 worth.

Butt... before I put the engine in the car I have to put my Triumph Vitesse back together for the Nat'ls in Galveston, TX next october. The fat guy in the pic is yours truely and that's our Vitesse I pulled the engine, detailed under the bonnet, and I am working on EFI for the 2 litre inline six, plus a list of other things
                After the Stude, I have a very early '67 Triumph GT6 that in line for a total restoration
                Hi Mark
                I have a 67 Spitfire with a Ford V6 and C3 Auto installed in it. Car is apart and awaiting someone to love it back together????
                Would like to sell this car because I already have too much money invested and not enough interest in the project.
                Good Roads
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Oh, PS
                  Please post some pictures of your project when you trail fit the Hemi
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Wow, the custom body guy in me just had a heart stopping moment. Apply that hood, headlight, grille arrangement to a hopped up little Lark.
                    Jim
                    Often in error, never in doubt
                    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X