Bob Palma, time to clear another spot in the garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Palma, time to clear another spot in the garage

Bob, not sure if your have a 4 door or not, but if you don't, here is the perfect car for your collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...#ht_4118wt_947

Jeff

Interesting, Jeff; thanks for the link.

Yes, I've already got one factory Astra White 1964 Daytona 4-door; the one in front of "your" Indianapolis' former Childers Studebaker building on Page 18 of the August 2011 Turning Wheels. However, in fairness, it's not as nice as this e-bay offering.

Actually, I've uncovered another interesting Astra White 1964 Daytona 4-door in central Indiana: An unusually-nice, Hamilton-built six (is that odd or what?) 4-door with blue cloth interior:

....and only 23,255 actual miles:

It's a real oddball (Studebaker OHV six, of course, with Flightomatic), and has its OEM U.S. Royal Dominion Safety 800 spare tire. Stu Chapman and others assure me is indeed one of the car's production-line tires; minutia I love.

'Currently "negotiating" on it. We shall see.

Thanks for the lead on this Washington specimen, Jeff. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 10-10-2011, 05:57 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I just remembered that I owned a white 1964 Commander four door sedan that I had delivered from New Mexico. It was/is a 259 V8, three speed standard and factory A/C.
      Last edited by studegary; 10-10-2011, 12:02 PM. Reason: correction
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Its a nice car but I question when he says it hasn't been painted. If you look under the hood the upper fender rubbers are white ......now I know they didn't paint those in Hamilton<g>
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
          Its a nice car but I question when he says it hasn't been painted. If you look under the hood the upper fender rubbers are white ......now I know they didn't paint those in Hamilton<g>
          Actually, the text of his e-bay presentation distinctly says "the car has been repainted." BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X