Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff_H
    replied
    I have heard that the early large Jeep Wagoneer & Pickups (60's) used a shift bezel the same as Studebaker but with a lens that had the PRNDL type pattern.
    This is true. Here is a standard lark lens compared to a jeep part:

Unfortunately, the Jeep parts are very hard to find unless things have changed in the past couple of years. I am not aware of them being available from any Jeep vendor but could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I have heard that the early large Jeep Wagoneer & Pickups (60's) used a shift bezel the same as Studebaker but with a lens that had the PRNDL type pattern. Perhaps there is a Jeep vendor that sells them? If so, lots of us either have or are thinking of a trans swap that would helpful to have that lens.

Leave a comment:

• Studeguy61
    replied
    Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    I used this one for my 4L60E (same as 700R4). It just sticks on the column and the pointer sticks on the part that moves.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Ididit/535/260...rentProductId=

Pat

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    You could probably modify this one to fit....
    http://www.flamingriver.com/index.ph.../FR20010-OVKIT

Originally posted by Studeguy61 View Post
    I have a GM 700R4 mated to a 289. I am looking for a shift indicator that will fit the original 61 Studebaker steering column. Anyone know of any out there.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Most of the GM cars that use the 700 had the trans quadrant on the dash. Why not look into some of the utility vans they might have a column quadrant

Leave a comment:

• Studeguy61
    started a topic 700R4 Shift Indicator

700R4 Shift Indicator

I have a GM 700R4 mated to a 289. I am looking for a shift indicator that will fit the original 61 Studebaker steering column. Anyone know of any out there.

Thanks.
Working...
X