Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupak
    replied
    r5: Thanks for clearing that up. I 'assume' that the R3 or R4 block was not one run by Granatelli at Bonneville. Does anyone know if the original R5 block is still in existance and it's whereabouts/condition?

shifter4: Where did the picture get to? stupak

Leave a comment:

• r5duecento
    replied
    This is not the R5 block. Greg has the sheet metal induction parts, blower brackets and pulleys from the R5 and is building an R5 clone using a block that either came from an R3 or R4.

Leave a comment:

• stupak
    replied
    I'm confused! If there was NOT a rod thrown in any of Granatelli's Bonneville engines, why was the R5 block repaired????? stupak

Leave a comment:

• r5duecento
    replied
    It is well documented that there were not any problems with the engines run by the Granatelli's at Bonneville and there was certainly not a rod thrown in one.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Thanks John. A friend and I are chasing a wild goose, and I needed to know where the rod went through. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• unimogjohn
    replied
    Here are a couple of more pics that Greg sent me of the just repaired block.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    That's the one. Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Or am I hallucinating?
    No Matt, you're NOT! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=cone

Craig

Leave a comment:

• shifter4
    replied
    Photo not there .
    Last edited by shifter4; 02-19-2012, 09:21 AM. Reason: Photo no longer there.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    started a topic Specific photo needed of the R5 Due Cento engine

Specific photo needed of the R5 Due Cento engine

Someone recently posted some photos of Greg Cone's R5 engine block. The block was busted by a rod at Bonneville and the photos showed the repair that Greg had made. Anybody know where those pics are???

Or am I hallucinating?
    Last edited by mbstude; 10-07-2011, 05:19 PM.
Working...
X