Looked at this 52 last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked at this 52 last night

This showed up at our cruise night. Had not seen it before, and looked it over. If you are interested, contact me for my impressions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1952-...item3a6b0387d9
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

For a customized 52, I think this is one of the cleanest and neatest treatments of the front end. I don't think the large bumper guards hanging on the outboard side of the front bumper adds much...but overall, it looks good. More pictures might help sell the beast.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Wow, he moved the radiator about as far forward as you can and still keep the hood latch.
      Seems like a nice ride.

Comment

I could drive it. There's always little things to change.
        I wonder why the radiator had to be moved so far? I've seen other 51-52 Studes with SBC engines that did not alter the radiator support.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I agree with John.
          The bumperettes are bad! But then again, I don't like bumperettes on anything!! Front or back.
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
            I could drive it. There's always little things to change.
            I wonder why the radiator had to be moved so far? I've seen other 51-52 Studes with SBC engines that did not alter the radiator support.
            Room for a wide pulley and super-charger?

Comment

Looks like a nice car. From the description, it does not appear that the suspension and brakes were upgraded to go along with the increase in power. Is that the case?
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Looks like a nice car. From the description, it does not appear that the suspension and brakes were upgraded to go along with the increase in power. Is that the case?
                It has a firewall mounted brake booster and dual MC and the rear end has been swapped. I would certainly hope it doesn't have the stock Champion brakes.

Comment

Nope, disc. Looks like late model GM.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                  X