X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Could've been destined to go to NY, but instead rerouted for an order in CA. That's the only thing I can think of.
    Indeed, Matt. It could have been the result of a Dealer Transfer; although it is a little far to make economic sense to do so. I explained here about my great-aunt's 1962 Pontiac being a Dealer Transfer. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=pocatello

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
    Can anyone explain? The production order for my '52 Starliner shows its destination as Bellrose NY. The lady from whom we purchased it in '73 said she bought it new from J&B Motors, Turlock Ca.
    Did you get the production order recently from the SNM, or from Newman and Altman back in the old days? Just curious. I'd check the serial nos. and body nos. (I'm sure you've done this already). I'd say first chance is somebody pulled the wrong production order; other than that, as the other person said, perhaps the New York dealer opted to not to take the car and it was rerouted later. The SNM has records of all dealerships. It'd be interesting to see if the NY dealership closed in '52 some time.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Could've been destined to go to NY, but instead rerouted for an order in CA. That's the only thing I can think of.

Leave a comment:

• Lou Van Anne
    started a topic Production Order Discrepencies?

Production Order Discrepencies?

Can anyone explain? The production order for my '52 Starliner shows its destination as Bellrose NY. The lady from whom we purchased it in '73 said she bought it new from J&B Motors, Turlock Ca.
Working...
X