No announcement yet.

Studebaker Reseach Automotive Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research and devlopment badge from the engineering department. An early one at that, looking at the wheel logo.

Badges like that are extremely rare because that was a specific department in the factory and in a releatively small part of the factory. Typically a regular line worker would get a badge that said "Studebaker Automotive Division" if they worked on the car line, or during the war many had aviation division pins if they worked in that part of the company. After so long I think engineering didn't issue badges like this, and this one looks like it is from the '20s or '30s.
    Last edited by Chris_Dresbach; 10-06-2011, 04:16 PM.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

I'm certain Dick Quinn is "doing" Carlisle and Hershey right now and hasn't checked in for awhile. I can't imagine him not bringing us up to speed on this item when he returns to cyberspace. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        I'm certain Dick Quinn is "doing" Carlisle and Hershey right now and hasn't checked in for awhile. I can't imagine him not bringing us up to speed on this item when he returns to cyberspace. BP
        Bob,
        When Dick Quinn did his Almanac article "The History of Studebaker Plant Badges" some years ago he made no comment or illustrated a photo in that article on the Research Badge. In his current 2011 home page I cannot readily see that badge in his collection. I believe he may have bidded but perhaps this badge is so rare even Dick cannot guide us on its origin allowing for the unknown reserve price. I was the losing bidder but I am not displeased as I have saved good money for the future.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
          Bob,
          When Dick Quinn did his Almanac article "The History of Studebaker Plant Badges" some years ago he made no comment or illustrated a photo in that article on the Research Badge. In his current 2011 home page I cannot readily see that badge in his collection. I believe he may have bidded but perhaps this badge is so rare even Dick cannot guide us on its origin allowing for the unknown reserve price. I was the losing bidder but I am not displeased as I have saved good money for the future.
          A valid possibility, James, that Dick Quinn had not seen or heard of one.

Dick is always one to step up to the plate and express interest when a new item is brought to the fore, so he will hopefully chime in when they put the beverages down at Hershey. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X