X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Hooliganism

sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Never mind the naysayers. What you did was known as "enjoying life"!

At least to us fully living

I say, good for you!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
      Never mind the naysayers. What you did was known as "enjoying life"!

At least to us fully living

I say, good for you!
      I'm in agreement with Bob on this!
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

HA !!! Junior, ALL that sounds good, I'm jealous cause when I nail or rev the Ranchero, not much happens and no one notices, ha ! Keep at it, us "hot rodders" have to keep up our reputation, cool story, John

Comment

Bravo!!!!!!
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Junior,
            I had a similar experience without the finger wag. I drove the camper to work yesterday. On the way home a late model foreign car tried to beat me to a lane ending spot in the road. I thought I would put a little shock in the guy driving the foreign job. So when we got close I put my foot in it in second gear. Shifted at 4000 and it was pulling hard. I need to make a video of the sound of this 289 with my custom designed exhaust system. It sounds real healthy to say the least. When we got to the next light the guy was eyeing the camper that had cleaned his clock. I just smiled.
            Last edited by SilverHawkDan; 10-02-2011, 07:15 PM.

Comment

What a buncha non-juvenile delinquents! I love it. Another case of Studebakers keeping one young.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Is there a problem? Everything here seems perfectly normal. <GGG> BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

When I lived in J'Ville Fla. I lived 4 miles from work. one day I was driving my Sky Hawk down the X-way heading home, running a normal speed of 70+ when a Datsun 1600 blew past me. WELL, I was not going to stand for that!! I poured the coal to the 289 and chased him down and passed him. I was half way to St.Augustine when i caught him but I proved my point.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Junior:

Sounds like real fun to me. Glad you shared with us. On occasion, I do similar things, looking for law enforcement first. A few moths ago, I let my truck loose for a few seconds.........cop came behind me, from nowhere. Lighted me up, and as I was slowing, to pull over, he turned the lights off and went around me. At a light about 4 blocks later, he just gave me a "thumbs up" and smoked the cop car tires a small amount, and was gone. Sure feels good.......but was really worried about a ticket for "display of speed and power".

tempestan

Comment

We have a member in our chapter who has a beautiful '56 Power Hawk. It is red and white and always attracts attention when the chapter gathers. During a road rally we had several yearst ago another member was lost and so asked for some directions from a the proprietor of a small country store out in the middle of nowhere. His question was, "Have you seen any Studebakers around?" "No," was the response, "but there is a nice red and white Jaguar that has passed here a few times." Of course the "Jaguar" turned out to be the aforementioned Power Hawk. We tease its owner frequently even now about his Jaguar.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

seeing how many car alarms your Studebaker can set off in a parking lot. COOL! gotta try that out!!
                        1951 Custom
                        1958 Packard Hawk < resto project
                        1962 Champ
                        1963 Standard R1 4 speed
                        1963 Avanti R1
                        1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                        2006 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                          …I look over at my wife and yell “oh man I love that sound”…she’s not impressed…”I hate when you do this” was her only response…oh boy, tail between my legs again, time to put the car away until next weekend. Hope you all had a good Stude day. Regards, Junior.
                          Great story. Great car. FWIW, the tapered tail of an XJ6 is quite similar to the C-K, especially in rapid motion!
                          You might consider a small magnetic sign "Shopping Mall Shuttle" for the passenger door to remind her how happy you are to help out.
                          Andy
                          62 GT

Comment

Sandi wants to know if you went to the "New Mall" in Airdrie????
                            Good Roads
                            Brian
                            PS
                            My Sunday consisted of getting up early, taking the Sudebaker out for a run to the US to pick up Studebaker parts purchased on ebay for Sandi's Hawk.
                            Then back up to Oliver for the Sudebaker Drivers Club meeting and turkey dinner.
                            Then back to Osoyoos to the Drags. It was Club challenge weekend and I was holding the purse money.
                            Then back on the road heading north for Ice cream, followed by a liesurely drive home along the lake.
                            Just another 300 plus miles on the odometer and a full belly!
                            Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca
                            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Guess i'm a Studebaker Hooligan now, along with being a CASO.
                              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                              X