60 Lark - project update and pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelle View Post
    Thanks JDP! The seats need to be completely overhauled though (a few broken springs, new padding, etc). Jim (my hubby) and I weren't too sure we could do that part and make it look right ourselves without any practice. The guy here in town is going to totally re-do them for around $750. Wish you were here closer... I've read some nice comments about your work!!

Michelle
    Thanks, based on the condition of your seats, you are making the correct choice, and $750 is more than fair.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
      Thanks, based on the condition of your seats, you are making the correct choice, and $750 is more than fair.
      That's good to know JDP. Thanks so much! Having never done this before, I don't have a frame of reference to gauge price quotes by. We're enjoying it so much though that I bet it won't be long before I have more frames of reference than I'll ever need! Hee hee! I'm already daydreaming about the next project. Good that I have a husband who's just as nuts for this as I am.
      '60 Lark Hardtop, Red Bluff, CA
      sigpic

Comment

It's so amazing that you were able to get that much work done in 2 months!!! I think it's beautiful, and if you do the white pleated seats with the red trim, that would be amazing!!

Seeing someone (okay, seeing another girl) do something like this really cheers me up and gives me some hope that my "little" stude (Bettie) will be back on the road, and maybe before the 4-5 years that we have given as a timeline!!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa719 View Post
          It's so amazing that you were able to get that much work done in 2 months!!! I think it's beautiful, and if you do the white pleated seats with the red trim, that would be amazing!!

Seeing someone (okay, seeing another girl) do something like this really cheers me up and gives me some hope that my "little" stude (Bettie) will be back on the road, and maybe before the 4-5 years that we have given as a timeline!!
          Thanks Alyssa! We haven't totally settled on the seat design yet, but we're thinking red pleats with white sides. I can't wait to see it all come together! What kind of car is Bettie?
          sigpic

Comment

Ok, I'm still finding my way around, so please let me know if the updates should be part of this thread, or if I should start a new one.

We got to know all of the ins and outs of installing a headliner and doors this weekend..... boy was that tough!!! All in all, it went good for our first time. Here's the progress so far... (sorry for the bad pics... we spilled a pint of paint on the camera, it's hobbling along just barely)

Enjoy!!

Michelle
            Last edited by michelle; 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Michelle,
              WOW, That is looking great. Don't forget the windshield. Don't want bugs in your teeth when you're smiling and driving!
              I like it when people add to their existing posts. Its easier to follow progress that way. Just my opinion.

Gordon S

Comment

Originally posted by laughinlark View Post
                Michelle,
                WOW, That is looking great. Don't forget the windshield. Don't want bugs in your teeth when you're smiling and driving!
                I like it when people add to their existing posts. Its easier to follow progress that way. Just my opinion.

Gordon S
                Hee hee hee! Yep, that's the next big thing we're going to tackle. Do you know if the rubber gets any glue where it meets the body of the car?
                sigpic

Comment

Beautiful work! That car will NEVER sit quietly in a parking lot. Or street.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
                    Thanks Alyssa! We haven't totally settled on the seat design yet, but we're thinking red pleats with white sides. I can't wait to see it all come together! What kind of car is Bettie?
                    She's a 1952, 4 door Champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X