Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kmac530
    replied
    I think he means "OTHER PARTICIPANTS" as in the rest of us who would like to see you and your vehicle there, with or without dogs.

Woodsy: I think the problem here is not that his dogs want to go to a CAR show per say, but that they like to be with their owners and dont like being alone. Then I know in my case, getting someone to take care of your dogs is a pain in the butt. Most dogs especially indoor dogs dont like someone just stopping in a dumping food in a bowl. They like personal attention and petting and playing.

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Brian, you will never convince my 2 little dogs they don't like the trips, they see the suite cases being packed and they are ready to go, our trip last month was 18 days by truck with trailer and car 6000 miles and in hotels every night and they even enjoyed the PSMCRS, they were both there , met Ted and the rest of the Studebaker group, you should try it some day, things do change as one gets older and what do you mean by "THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS"?

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Pets and traveling just don't work! Hotels that do allow pets, do it, not because they want too or even think they should. But do it because it is a way to suck additional money out of their guest that think they can not do anything without their little friends.
    Get bigger friends it is a lot cheaper!
    Don't take this wrong....I love animals and have a pet myserlf, but I would never EVER consider taking it to an automotive event!!!
    Pets really don't have an appreciation for Cars???
    Nor do they even care to be there! Who are you pleasing anyway??
    Good Roads
    Brian
    PS we know who you are not pleaseing....."THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS!"

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
    Plans are afoot on this end~ who else is goin'?
    My plans didn't pan out too well- I will not be attending this show.

I hope that those who do take LOTS of pictures for us...

There oughtta be a few nice '56, '57, and '58 sedans- hint hint.

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Yes you will be welcomed, the Orange Empire Chapter, the Los Angeles Chapter, the Inland Empire Chapter, the sponsoring San Diego Chapter and any other Calif. Chapters that show up, are all great people who will be glad to meet you.

It is just the Car Show with or without judging, being a Swap Meet Vendor, going to the Awards Banquet etc. that require registration.
    The Chapters do require International SDC Membership (which you have done), to be a local member, but I do not believe that is a requirement to register at a meet.

All of this registering, belonging, paying, and rules etc. is really just to protect the Club and it's officers from lawsuits and a Insurance requirement, because we do have SDC registered event Insurance. It is not meant to turn people away. Have a great time!

Leave a comment:

• Bullet
    replied
    Definetly open to passer-bys. I don't believe you have to belong to a "chapter" to come to a meet. Just a love of Studebakers

Mark

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    I have a related question: I just joined the SDC last night and I have not had the time, money or other opportunity to join any local chapters, but can I come and look at all of the cars and maybe meet a few folks? I know I probably cant participate in any activities without registering and paying event entry fees and being a chapter member, but curious if it is open to "passers by" ?

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    My wife is in a wheel chair, so camping in the RV is out we only use it for the ride to and from. and only when we have at least 6 people in it because of the gas prices.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    If someone needs to take their RV, remember Walmart {not endorsing that place} allows people to park in their parking lots in RVs for a couple of days. Im sure there are a few WMs near the meet. Likely one within walking distance, or Stude show car driving distance.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
    I have planned on going but this is one of the most costly Zone meets I have seen and hotel does not allow pets so it will be a no go for me and family, hotels that don't allow pets are full of BS.
    Say, Bob- is your RV an option for ya?
    There are a TON of RV parks very near the show.
    If nothing else- there are many places you can just park and camp near the beach...

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• Studeguru
    replied
    Bob I will find out about pets and let you know.

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    Great little dogs, too. I hear you, Bob. My dog has to come. In South Bend I get a doggie friendly motel, but when you have to accomodate people, too, it gets complicated

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Fred I hope You and Erica enjoy the trip and the meet, it is a few miles for you drive, I sure hope the Hotel in Salt Lake for the next meet will except Pets? it has come to something we need to do on trips now is take the two little dogs along, take care and have a good time ....Bob

Leave a comment:

• (S)
    replied
    We can probably take pre orders if anyone needs anything. We will probably make it down. We have about 20,000 part numbers in stock, only room to bring a fraction of it.

Leave a comment:

• Bullet
    replied
    We will be there also. Made our reservations last eek, now to send in the registration.

Mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X