Very bad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very bad day

I had my speedometer in my shop when a customer came in picked it up looked at it set it back down on the bench then fell on the floor. The shaft which the needle is attached to sheared off. Does anyone have an old speedometer I could get some parts off of? It was my fault for leaving the speedometer in my shop. 1948 M-16. Neal

IMHO Once the other person picked the part up the damage became his fault. Now, whether the other person wants to acept the responsibility is another question.
    Surely someone on the forum has some M speedometers for parts.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Neal - I hope you rounded the point off his head immediately and with great vigor.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Why do people have to touch things that do not belong to them??
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

We had a guy like that in an electrical shop I worked in once. We took a big electrolytic capacitor and charged it up. Left it sitting out on the top of the workbench, all alone. Last time that guy touched anything!

Comment

Holy geez, looked in for a minute and saw this title and it filled me with dread. Thank God it's only about a silly car part! Thanks for scaring the bejeebers outta me; I apparently had too many bejeebers in me...
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I am having a bad day too!
              Bought a 51 4dr Studebaker just for the roof (paid good money for it because the roof was perfect)
              Removed the roof carfully for my trailer project and fitted it numeruos times.....all so very carfully! As the roof was mint!
              This morning I got up to rain and the roof was scheduled to go to the sandblasters (no problem, they blast inside)
              Marvelled at how straight and perfect my 60 year old roof was as the rain water made it glissen like clear coat.
              Took it to the sandblasters and came home for another load and a tarp to cover it so it wouldn't get wet.
              Warned my sandblaster not to warp it or dent it.
              Well, while I was gone he turned it over in the booth to do the underside and put the first two dents in it that it had ever had in its 60 years of service.
              They were very minor and I do have the ability to fix them so I was not too bent??
              Carfully loaded it on the truck, tarped it and tied it down for the trip home.
              Not even a full block from the sandblasters I was rear ended.
              Well you guessed it the back window area of the roof (that I had even welded in a support bar so that it would retain its shape while the rear window was out) got pushed ahead and buckled it.
              It wasn't even off my property 3 hours!
              Not Such a great day here either!
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

That sucks, Brian. Did you kill anyone? (I think you were justified)
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  Holy geez, looked in for a minute and saw this title and it filled me with dread. Thank God it's only about a silly car part! Thanks for scaring the bejeebers outta me; I apparently had too many bejeebers in me...
                  Thanks, Bob A. I had similar thoughts. I thought for sure that someone had died, or at least lost a limb.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

For those of you who were looking for some sort of horrific accident, I am sorry. If you are disappointed I can tell you the story of how I lost my finger. Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Neal in NM View Post
                      For those of you who were looking for some sort of horrific accident, I am sorry. If you are disappointed I can tell you the story of how I lost my finger. Neal
                      I am not "disappointed". I was pleased that it was something that can be rectified relatively easily.
                      I do not think that the damage was your "fault". The customer should pay to make things right.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X