Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sept 11th drag strip pic of my daughter and her Lark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept 11th drag strip pic of my daughter and her Lark.

Here is a pic that our track photographer took. Just warming up the tires to make a pass.

http://www.fasttimesphoto.net/images/IMG_2285.jpg

They also did a nice memorial parade of race cars driving down the track holding American Flags. We participated in the parade. Sorry, no pics of that.

Enjoy,
    Gordon
    Last edited by laughinlark; 09-30-2011, 02:03 PM.

What a great picture. That looks like a Turning Wheels cover to me!
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

WOW!! Thats really neat. How did she go on the day?

Comment

Sweet! I love a chick who knows how to make loud!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Luv it! Nobody ever got sick from smokin' tires!
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Awesome pic..
            She looks so small behind that big steering wheel.
            Have to agree Jroberts that is a good TW's pic ..
            Love my Lark

Comment

JRoberts, There is so many nice show cars to choose from out there. I think its pretty hard for an 18 yr old drag racing to make the cover of Turning Wheels. If you click on the picture you'll see the rubber shredding off the tire through the air.
              allstudedude.She lost in the second round that day. The car ran a little off its number that afternoon. It was probably a change in the weather.
              showbizkid,The car does sound awesome when she has in the burn out box.
              Pat, I never minded second hand smoking a tire either.
              Jett289, She feels right at home behind that big wheel. You should see her correct the Lark when it comes out of the burnout sideways at times.
              How do you summit pics for Turning Wheels anyhow?
              I'm going to buy a copy of this pic from the photographer. I might even to buy it in a poster size. He takes pics as a hobby & sell them dirt cheep. I've bought from him before.

Gordon

Comment

that is the best DYSD photo

I wish mine was up for some of that type of 'driving'. Maybe next year.

Comment

Send a high resoultion picture to:

Turning Wheels Editors
                  Art Unger / Ann Turner
                  PO Box 23072
                  Vernon, BC V1T 9L7
                  Canada
                  Fax - (250) 503-2358

Email- tweditor@shaw.ca

Do it, please! I think you might be surprised!
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

(S) Thanks, You'll have to post some pics when you get yours going.

Studedude, Thanks for the contact info. I'll see what I can do about submitting a pic.

Gordon S

Comment

Really Like That Picture.

As well as others you have posted, keep them coming. They are so neat.

Comment

That is a great picture, Gordon.

Remind her that a 1963 Lark Custom V-8 2-door is the weapon of choice for both Ted Harbit and Richard Poe. She's now traveling in some serious Studebaker performance circles...and bully for her! BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

gwood, I enjoy posting pics of all the different things her & I do with Studebakers.

BP, Those are some big shoes to fill. She likes Ted & Richards 63's. She wants a 4 sp but it not in the cards financially. She has to shift a FOM manually. She has started young but has a long way to go to catch those two. She started out in the Jr Dragster at 13yrs old. Now the Lark is hers. She has made some mid 10 sec runs @ 126 in a friends brand X powered 125 inch Altered.

Gordon S

Comment

Originally posted by laughinlark View Post
                            gwood, I enjoy posting pics of all the different things her & I do with Studebakers.

BP, Those are some big shoes to fill. She likes Ted & Richards 63's. She wants a 4 sp but it not in the cards financially. She has to shift a FOM manually. She has started young but has a long way to go to catch those two. She started out in the Jr Dragster at 13yrs old. Now the Lark is hers. She has made some mid 10 sec runs @ 126 in a friends brand X powered 125 inch Altered. Gordon S
                            Is that a 1/8-mile Jr. Dragster time, Gordon? That's some serious speed for a youngster; cool beans!

As for catching Ted and Richard, remember: She's a whole lot younger than either of them, so she's got a lot more time left to get there.

Sorry, Ted and Richard; Life Insurance Actuaries don't give any of us 60+ types much chance of out-living a currently teen-age girl. (You know; women have such longer life expectancies...that's what I meant! <GGG>) BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What, no helmet! That's child abuse! Just kidding, of course! It's a great picture!
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X