POP QUIZ: Two current Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POP QUIZ: Two current Turning Wheels

Time for another Pop Quiz. Winner receives two NOS uncirculated Studebaker Corporation Red Ball letterhead envelopes. The first specifically-correct post wins. (Previous Red Ball envelope winners, kindly give others a 24-hour head start before posting.)

Question: What feature do the September and October 2011 issues of Turning Wheels have in common other than "the usual stuff?" There is something unique about these issues being back-to-back, sharing an unusual commonality.

The answer must be specific.

Here's a clue: It involves the number 5,371. If your answer cannot be squared with that number, your answer is either wrong or, more likely, just incomplete and needs more "specificity."

Happy hunting! (Once you "see" it, it is surprisingly obvious.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

BP not fair for people that have not received the Oct. TW yet..........BP
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Well, OK, Bob; mine arrived early this week and I can't think of any group who gets it after we do out of the west central Indianapolis area! I guess I just learned of one.

Maybe yours will arrive before anybody posts the right answer, Bob. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Still waiting for mine too
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Me too! We won't see ours for at least another two weeks!

Craig

Comment

Mine hasn't arrived yet either.

Comment

Sorry, folks; I didn't realize so many of them were yet to be received. Let's let this Pop Quiz run anyway, since it is already posted.

In the future, I'll be mindful of such delivery times. (Besides, "it ain't over 'til it's over" in that no one has yet posted the correct answer!) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Time for another Pop Quiz. Winner receives two NOS uncirculated Studebaker Corporation Red Ball letterhead envelopes. The first specifically-correct post wins. (Previous Red Ball envelope winners, kindly give others a 24-hour head start before posting.)

Question: What feature do the September and October 2011 issues of Turning Wheels have in common other than "the usual stuff?" There is something unique about these issues being back-to-back, sharing an unusual commonality.

The answer must be specific.

Here's a clue: It involves the number 5,371. If your answer cannot be squared with that number, your answer is either wrong or, more likely, just incomplete and needs more "specificity."

Happy hunting! (Once you "see" it, it is surprisingly obvious.) BP
                My answer/guess is 1959 Silver Hawk 8s, since there were 5371 built.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Agreed, Gary; Studebaker built 5,371 1959 Silver Hawk V8s, but that's not the answer to the Pop Quiz.

But you've provided the members with only the September 2011 Turning Wheels a good shot at winning the Pop Quiz even though they haven't seen the October Turning Wheels. (I.e., they can now look at their September copies and take a WAG at the Pop Quiz and maybe get it right!)

On their behalf, thank you.<GGG> BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Mine showed up yesterday, another great issue!
                    George King
                    Grants Pass, Oregon
                    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      Agreed, Gary; Studebaker built 5,371 1959 Silver Hawk V8s, but that's not the answer to the Pop Quiz.

But you've provided the members with only the September 2011 Turning Wheels a good shot at winning the Pop Quiz even though they haven't seen the October Turning Wheels. (I.e., they can now look at their September copies and take a WAG at the Pop Quiz and maybe get it right!)

On their behalf, thank you.<GGG> BP
                      Other than they were "born" as 1959 Silver Hawk 8s, they are both modified cars now, so I do not see what you are driving at.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This isn't a fair contest since I haven't even received my September TW yet!
                        \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                        Jim Mann
                        Victoria, B.C.
                        Canada

Comment

There are 59 Silver Hawks on the cover of each?
                          Last edited by dnevin; 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM.
                          Dave Nevin
                          Corvallis, OR
                          1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                          Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Originally posted by dnevin View Post
                            There are 59 Silver Hawks on the cover of each?
                            BINGO! You're right, Dave: The correct answer to the quiz is: There is a 1959 Silver Hawk on two sequential front covers of Turning Wheels; September and October 2011.

Your question mark indicates you are yet to receive your October issue and so you took a guess based on the above information; correct? If so, "no problem," there's no rule against guessing.

Is your address still on SE Thompson in Corvallis, per the current SDC Roster? If you'll confirm; I'll send a couple envelopes. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Cool! Thanks Bob.

I did receive my October TW yesterday, but I took it to work with me to read at lunch and left it on my desk. Who can forget that beautiful cover!

That is my correct address. And thanks again--this is a really cool thing you do.
                              Dave Nevin
                              Corvallis, OR
                              1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                              Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Working...
                              X