Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dick Van Dyke Avanti On Museum Display (09/2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Van Dyke Avanti On Museum Display (09/2011)

Giant Robot Store and GR2 Gallery - Asian pop culture and beyond. Art, Prints, Toys, T-shirts and books. Located on Sawtelle Blvd in West Los Angeles

(copy - see link for complete article)

Space travel and open roads at LACMA.

With today’s traffic jams and unemployment, it’s easy to forget that California once symbolized fresh starts and wide horizons. The local, then-booming aerospace industry and California-obsessed auto industry (or was that the other way around?) merged in Studebaker’s Avanti. This particular model is on loan from Dick Van Dyke. Neutra’s Channel Heights Chair also has a cosmic theme, but grounds it with materials found on Earth.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

The last I herad, the car was in storage at the Peterson museum. Gad they loaned it out to see the light of day.

Too bad they didn't use it in the episode where they had a Mustang in the garage. By then Studebaker was gone, so they wouldn't have angered any sponsors...and I don't think Ford was a sponsor since the Mustang was missing its horse emblem.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

How'd you like to come in the front door, hug Mary Tyler Moore, and pratfall over the hassock into that chair? Looks supercalifragile...

Comment

You can make the case that MTM in the DVD show was TV's first sexy housewife.
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I think TV's first sexy housewife was Audrey Meadows in "The Honeymooners" (1952-1957). With maybe some competition from Lucille Ball.

Comment

Working...
          X