64 Wagonaire FS on the Hokey A**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Wagonaire FS on the Hokey A**

Seems really overpriced due to the backyard paint job, but thought you might want to see it anyway. LOVE the tire/wheel combination and the color:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=629704
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Interesting, Bob. I don't know this car, but I think I've seen it at one time or another. Not recent enough to remember anything.

If anyone needs it checked out, it can't be too far away and I'd be glad to give it an eyeball. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

$8500 seems to be the current asking price of Wagons. Bob A., I guess you're selling your '57 to me too cheap.

He says that Hagerty claims there are only 15 insured world wide? Guess my Dad has one rare car..

I dig the kart in the back. My granddad bought me one just like that when I was a kid, and I'm sure it's still tucked away in his barn... Hmmm...

Comment

No, that's pretty high, with that shade-tree paint job. Note the paint peeling, and the dullness. The seller mostly verifies this assessment. Still kind of a nice car, but it's a 6/stick with no idea of what it looks like underneath. It's now on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...item415dd0de8e

Below are a few recent examples, including one that's pretty decent that sold for less than half of this one. It was on CL all year starting at $6500, then was at $5500 for the last few months.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item20bcf8bb21

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-...item4cfa41c01f

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-...item27be69f167

This Wagonaire I've got came up this Spring and got no takers at $1400; I ended up going after it because it was in danger of being lost forever. It's not as clean as Matthew's '57, but it's still a running, makeable car.

So yeah, it's hard to make accurate comparisons, but I watch this stuff, and to me $8500 is pretty high.

Matt- Our deal is driven by things more than strictly market; i.e. Linda and I know the car is going to someone who understands how rare and special it is, and we know it will be used and loved and not butchered, and it's going to one of our best young ambassadors of the marque. All that figured in. None of that is proper from a business standpoint, but in the hobby we can allow ourselves the luxury of thinking with our heart as well as our wallets. But if you'll feel better you can pay more

You know what would be the coolest? Being able to take a picture of that '57 going around the Proving Grounds track next Summer
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          Matt- Our deal is driven by things more than strictly market; i.e. Linda and I know the car is going to someone who understands how rare and special it is, and we know it will be used and loved and not butchered, and it's going to one of our best young ambassadors of the marque. All that figured in. None of that is proper from a business standpoint, but in the hobby we can allow ourselves the luxury of thinking with our heart as well as our wallets. But if you'll feel better you can pay more

You know what would be the coolest? Being able to take a picture of that '57 going around the Proving Grounds track next Summer
          Bob, I wish there were more people that thought like you in this respect!

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
            There are. I have been the recipient of this for similar reasons. Makes it seem natural to 'pay it forward'. This hobby, particularly the Stude world, is one of the few places that have not gone full-on cutthroat. For me it's a little sanctuary from the sickness that surrounds us everywhere else
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob, the car may not have shiny paint by then, but I hope to have the mechanicals and interior done and drive the car to the South Bend International meet. I don't see why it can't happen.

Comment

I have thought that way a couple of times.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                  I have thought that way a couple of times.
                  Boy, have you ever. We've seen plenty of examples of it just on this forum. I'll likely never be a Grandpa (my son may be sterile), but if I was I'd hope I could do as much for my grandkids as you have for yours, especially Matthew. Your legacy is rock-solid, along with your final Reward.

Hope to see you in SB next year!
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I just bought the white one for 750 its a fixer but i need a starter for a 259/auto can anyone help

Comment

I saw this car in person

At the good guys event in Indy. With out the surfboard, gocart and wheels he was at 5k. The car was pretty clean and no visble rust on its belly. I give it a thumbs up!

Comment

The car is a six cylinder and the overdrive may or maynot work the owner said he doesn't know how to work it. The BIN on Ebay is $6900, which may not be too bad. I thought the $8500 shown on the H.A.M.B. classified page was high. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...item415e3f0c2c
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

There are, I like to give the right people the right deal myself. I don't know about the endangered claim, I think I've seen more than 15 different Wagonaires in my time. Though I doubt most of them are insured. Looks like a cool car, but I haven't had a single person look at my car in something like 6 months and I know my O/D works. Hope it works out for him. With all of the doom and gloom economic talk as an excuse why nobody wants to buy anything, you'd think Starbucks would be out of business by now.
                          Travis..

Comment

Relisted, finally as an auction. Now we'll see what the market says it's worth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item415e569e2e
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                            X