pig in a poke number one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pig in a poke number one

Today I was offered a 1956 Hawk for $2500. I was shown four pictures: one box of parts,of a a disassembled motor, and a front and side view of the car. The car had been stored, he said, for ten years, during which the owner had done some work before he died. The fenders had no light assemblies in them; the fender was in position but was not attached; the paint was multi-colored; it looked like it didn't have any rusting. The widow did not want people coming over to view the car, and my contact said he couldn't take any more pictures because the car was tight against on wall and the rear of the garage.

I don't have a garage . . . or the money to restore this car. Without looking it over, who would be interested? I may be able to get the photos posted, but would anyone be interested at this price and condition and unknowns? It is not my car, I have no financial interest in it, and do not want to spend much time on it.

It is located in Maryland, near to Washington DC - I haven't any idea where it is. If you want such a unknown quantity - or think you can talk yourself into an examination, let me know. Otherwise I'll let him know I/we have no interest in it.

Alan Hagan
    301 233 3445

Originally posted by alanahasan View Post
    Today I was offered a 1956 Hawk for $2500. I was shown four pictures: one box of parts,of a a disassembled motor, and a front and side view of the car. The car had been stored, he said, for ten years, during which the owner had done some work before he died. The fenders had no light assemblies in them; the fender was in position but was not attached; the paint was multi-colored; it looked like it didn't have any rusting. The widow did not want people coming over to view the car, and my contact said he couldn't take any more pictures because the car was tight against on wall and the rear of the garage.

I don't have a garage . . . or the money to restore this car. Without looking it over, who would be interested? I may be able to get the photos posted, but would anyone be interested at this price and condition and unknowns? It is not my car, I have no financial interest in it, and do not want to spend much time on it.

It is located in Maryland, near to Washington DC - I haven't any idea where it is. If you want such a unknown quantity - or think you can talk yourself into an examination, let me know. Otherwise I'll let him know I/we have no interest in it.

Alan Hagan
    301 233 3445
    I'd like the pictures since it's in my back yard. A lot depends on which Hawk, how big a project it is and so on.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by alanahasan
      Yesterday i was offered a 1956 Hawk. The fenders had no headlight assemblies, the chrome was off, the fender was not fastened, and the car did not show any rusting. The car had been garaged for ten years, during which the owner occasionally worked on it. His widow is offering the car and all the parts for $2500, but doesn't want people coming to look at it. I saw two pictures of the car - from front and one side. another picture showed the disassembled motor, a fourth a box of parts.

The car is located in Maryland near to Washington, DC, but I do not know where. Supposedly all the parts are there, but I doubt the widow would know, nor the contact person. Would anyone be interested in this car? I have no financial interest in it and do not want to spend much time about it. Maybe i could get him to post the pictures somewhere.

If anyone is interested, contact me; otherwise I will tell him I/we are not interested.

Alan Hagen
      301 233-3445
      Hi Alan,

Thanks for that heads up about a 1956 Hawk!!! As you likely know there were 4 differnt models of "HAWKs" in 1956. Do you know which model it is ...or know of a way to find out??? TIA

Comment

If it wasn't for past dealings with the agent, I would be very suspicious at the lack of information given me. The car has no chrome on it; only a front and side view so I couldn't tell anything about it. JDP is going to check it out, probably. I think JP is going to get a good deal: a good deal of work, a good price, maybe a good project car. I hope so.

anyway I'm going to connect him up with the agent and bug out.

Alan Hagan

Comment

Working...
        X