Final resting place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final resting place

Do you know where you are going to be after you pass away? I do.

There's one for me and one for my wife. I smell a Turning Wheels story....

Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Those came out Great. So many quips came to mind so ,so many, But I am holding my tongue. He did a fantastic Job.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

You nut I can' stop laughing

Comment

Very nice. The artist really urned his pay on those................

Not for me though. My instructions are to scatter my ashes in three places- my two favorite race tracks and Disney World. If my survivors feel up to it, a little bit on Ignition Park, or whatever they're calling the Studebaker factory grounds. I'm serious!

I also allow for 'Survivors' Override'. That means, if the living would feel better doing something different with my Earth Suit, have at it. Won't make no never-mind to me.

I worry about my family feeling obligated to hang onto my ashes, even if they may not want to. I don't want to do that to them. Of course, if they want me hanging around, creepin' out the grandkiddies, fine by me.

Of course, by then it'll be too late for me to commission one of those cool Stude-shaped ash bins...

Maybe cadaver service makes the most sense.......
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

told my daughter a few years ago (she was around 16), to just let them cut me up and use me as shark chum off the pier at midnight.
          she thought i was joking...
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I got them delivered today. They are bigger than I thought they would be. Here's a picture with my mug for perspective. They turned out great! I'm dying to get in....

Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Great craftsmanship!
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

I was lucky enough to honor both my parents last request, which involved fishing at my grandparents favorite fishing place on the St. Mary's river in the UP.
                (That's the upper peninsula of Michigan to those of you'ze southern folks)

After that honor was completed, my wife asked me what my last wishes were.
                I told her that there was a low spot out in the driveway that needed filling.

CASO's need to keep perspective, you know.....(It's to the bone...)
                Jeff
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing the big cars in person some day. Maybe the SW Zone meet? Not so much on the little ones.

Mark

Comment

Like Mark...
                    I want to see the empty urn's in person someday... at a far future SDC meet...
                    Jeff

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
                    I am looking forward to seeing the big cars in person some day. Maybe the SW Zone meet? Not so much on the little ones.
                    Mark
                    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-11-2011, 08:31 PM. Reason: To fix the spelling of Urn's from Earn's...duhhh (damned spell checker!)
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yeah, I hope to be able to enjoy looking at them for many decades. I'll be bringing them around when I can. I still have to work a couple more years to pay for all this stuff.....
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                      X