X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
    I believe that's a 1950-51 coupe in front of the pickup once I figured out that the bus is shading most of the coupe and that the truck's mirror head puts a big round black dot right in the middle of the coupe trunk lid.
    After enlarging the picture, I agree. What are the odds that two Studebakers would get in a random picture of the street? Not something you see very often.

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    I believe that's a 1950-51 coupe in front of the pickup once I figured out that the bus is shading most of the coupe and that the truck's mirror head puts a big round black dot right in the middle of the coupe trunk lid.

Leave a comment:

• fatboylust
    replied
    Part of what makes this photo special is that is was taken underway and is not posed/staged. Photograph with film usually required a steady platform to avoid blurred images and due to the expense most photos were of specific subjects at specific events. So a random clear image of traffic and a skyline taken while driving/riding is fairly unique (IMO). Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    A pickup being used as normal in the day. Pickups were for tradespeople and businesses, not generally used as regular transportation.

Leave a comment:

• Chucks Stude
    started a topic Dallas in the 50's (Stude Content)

Dallas in the 50's (Stude Content)

Traveling from Oak Cliff to Dallas.

Working...
X