X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xtrmes
    replied
    Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
    Extremely interesting????? Serious amount of work, for what might not be the best result????
    But, good luck with your project!
    Good Roads
    Brian
    I like a challenge I was just thinking it would be a really nice driver if I did it. I'm still thinking of other options. I was also looking at Fatmans Mustang II front suspension setup Which I'm sure would work and ride nice. But that's a good chunk of change. I paid $400 for the Cougar and already have everything I need.
    If I decided to graft in the Cougar front end I can tell you it would look factory when done. I have built many projects like this one.

Leave a comment:

• xtrmes
    replied
    Larry that looks about what mine is now. Needs allot which I don't mind doing.

Leave a comment:

• larryking52
    replied
    Don't laugh - but take a look at what I bought when I started:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L-K6fK8n2M...0/IMG_0209.JPG

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Originally posted by xtrmes View Post
    I thought about going the S-10 frame way but I'm going to be going more custom. As of today I was taking some measurements and I'm thinking I might graft the whole front suspension into it from the cougar so it will have the full strut with rack and pinon front end.
    From the front end I'm thinking a 2x3 custom frame to the rear IRS setup. Would basically be converting the cab and front fenders to unibody. Could be interesting.
    Extremely interesting????? Serious amount of work, for what might not be the best result????
    But, good luck with your project!
    Good Roads
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• xtrmes
    replied
    I thought about going the S-10 frame way but I'm going to be going more custom. As of today I was taking some measurements and I'm thinking I might graft the whole front suspension into it from the cougar so it will have the full strut with rack and pinon front end.
    From the front end I'm thinking a 2x3 custom frame to the rear IRS setup. Would basically be converting the cab and front fenders to unibody. Could be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Yes, by all means make it a driver! I have over 70,000 miles on my M series and just love it.
    Mine is on an S10 Chassis.
    Good Roads
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• xtrmes
    replied
    Well I will not be using any of the original suspension pieces. Front and rear so if anyone needs any of it let me know. I'm pretty much only going to be using the frame cab and box. Everything else will be custom.
    I want this truck to have a very nice ride and build it so I can drive it anyplace. My other truck and car are to radical to drive to far. So I need a driver.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    I do see that now...I keep telling you guys " I am a moron"

rockne- I like your comments, great reminder for us new guys not to trash out parts we are not gonna use especially if they are good.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by xtrmes View Post
    I am going to take the drive train from the car .
    If your intention is to modify this in to the 2R remember, the parts you don't need are needed by others.
    Updates and progress photos are always appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• xtrmes
    replied
    Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
    Welcome the forum X, and man are these guys helpful. I too just picked up a '52 last week and these guys have been really kind, informative and willing to help me out with input.
    Sorry...guys AND gals.
    Keep us posted.

PS you still havent posted where you are from....obviously east coast somewhere...
    Actually I did. I added a location right under the join date. But since you didnt look there I'm in Stuyvesant NY so yup on the east coast.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Welcome the forum X, and man are these guys helpful. I too just picked up a '52 last week and these guys have been really kind, informative and willing to help me out with input.
    Sorry...guys AND gals.
    Keep us posted.

PS you still havent posted where you are from....obviously east coast somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• xtrmes
    replied
    Well today I happened into a direct by just plan faith. I was at a customers house today which was flooded out by hurricane Irene in her garage was a 40th anniversary 95 Mercury Cougar with 12,000 miles on it. The flood destroyed her garage which was under 20 feet of water and left the car floating around the inside of the garage. Once the flood waters receded it left 4 feet of mud in the garage and inside the car covered in slimy mud. Anyways I bought the car for $400 and I am going to take the drive train from the car which is a EFI 302, auto trans and an independent rear suspension.
    I'm going to rebuild the motor, trans and the rear diff because I'm sure they look as bad as the car inside. This gives me a cheap drive train for cheap plus a very nice ride I can drive anyplace since I want this to be a driver.

Leave a comment:

• sasquatch
    replied
    You might also want to register your truck on the 2R Registry, http://2rtruck.need-a-geek.com/ . It's free!

Leave a comment:

• new2drive
    replied
    Welcome to the forum! And definitely don't be disuaded.... you truck is definitely further ahead than my 40, so it is all relative!!! You will enjoy it here, even if you are just reading. I am very glad I joined and the members are great... They are all resources/fonts of knowledge... AND, most importantly... ready and willing to help with advice, part location and so much more!

Leave a comment:

• 55champion
    replied
    Welcome....great find keep us posted on your progress..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X