No announcement yet.

New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome the forum X, and man are these guys helpful. I too just picked up a '52 last week and these guys have been really kind, informative and willing to help me out with input.
    Sorry...guys AND gals.
    Keep us posted.

PS you still havent posted where you are from....obviously east coast somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
      Welcome the forum X, and man are these guys helpful. I too just picked up a '52 last week and these guys have been really kind, informative and willing to help me out with input.
      Sorry...guys AND gals.
      Keep us posted.

PS you still havent posted where you are from....obviously east coast somewhere...
      Actually I did. I added a location right under the join date. But since you didnt look there I'm in Stuyvesant NY so yup on the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by xtrmes View Post
        I am going to take the drive train from the car .
        If your intention is to modify this in to the 2R remember, the parts you don't need are needed by others.
        Updates and progress photos are always appreciated.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I do see that now...I keep telling you guys " I am a moron"

rockne- I like your comments, great reminder for us new guys not to trash out parts we are not gonna use especially if they are good.

Comment

Well I will not be using any of the original suspension pieces. Front and rear so if anyone needs any of it let me know. I'm pretty much only going to be using the frame cab and box. Everything else will be custom.
            I want this truck to have a very nice ride and build it so I can drive it anyplace. My other truck and car are to radical to drive to far. So I need a driver.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.
              Yes, by all means make it a driver! I have over 70,000 miles on my M series and just love it.
              Mine is on an S10 Chassis.
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I thought about going the S-10 frame way but I'm going to be going more custom. As of today I was taking some measurements and I'm thinking I might graft the whole front suspension into it from the cougar so it will have the full strut with rack and pinon front end.
                From the front end I'm thinking a 2x3 custom frame to the rear IRS setup. Would basically be converting the cab and front fenders to unibody. Could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by xtrmes View Post
                  I thought about going the S-10 frame way but I'm going to be going more custom. As of today I was taking some measurements and I'm thinking I might graft the whole front suspension into it from the cougar so it will have the full strut with rack and pinon front end.
                  From the front end I'm thinking a 2x3 custom frame to the rear IRS setup. Would basically be converting the cab and front fenders to unibody. Could be interesting.
                  Extremely interesting????? Serious amount of work, for what might not be the best result????
                  But, good luck with your project!
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Don't laugh - but take a look at what I bought when I started:
                    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L-K6fK8n2M...0/IMG_0209.JPG
                    Larry King
                    Saratoga Springs, NY
                    1953 2R11

Comment

Larry that looks about what mine is now. Needs allot which I don't mind doing.

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                        Extremely interesting????? Serious amount of work, for what might not be the best result????
                        But, good luck with your project!
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        I like a challenge I was just thinking it would be a really nice driver if I did it. I'm still thinking of other options. I was also looking at Fatmans Mustang II front suspension setup Which I'm sure would work and ride nice. But that's a good chunk of change. I paid $400 for the Cougar and already have everything I need.
                        If I decided to graft in the Cougar front end I can tell you it would look factory when done. I have built many projects like this one.

Comment

Working...
                        X