X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stall
    replied
    Thanks Bob, I appreciate it.

BTY, the second response listed a pretty cool Studebaker Paint website; my color wasnt there but someone put a lot of work into the site.

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Murray: If this will help, the Ditzler codes for 1955 Studebaker Shasta White are:

DQE-8023 Alkyd Enamel
    DAL-8023 Lacquer

Incidentally, it is spelled Chasta White in the period Ditzler catalogs I have, but I don't know if that is correct. Perhaps Chasta has something to do with Chastity?

Those Dunkards from which the Studebaker family came were pretty straight-laced, you know! <GGG> BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Murray: If this will help, the Ditzler codes for 1955 Studebaker Shasta White are:

DQE-8023 Alkyd Enamel
    DAL-8023 Lacquer

Incidentally, it is spelled Chasta White in the period Ditzler catalogs I have, but I don't know if that is correct. Perhaps Chasta has something to do with Chastity?

Those Dunkards from which the Studebaker family came were pretty straight-laced, you know! <GGG> BP

Leave a comment:

• stall
    replied
    I'm sure from the info i have that it's "Shasta White" but thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
    It could also be "Congo Ivory" code 8829, Symbol W-ZY. From a Ditzler Supplemental Bulletin dated 3-17-55. The same bulletin also lists Hialeah Green, Sun Valley Yellow, and Pimlico Gray - all Speedster unique colors.

Leave a comment:

• Studebakercenteroforegon
    replied
    It could also be "Congo Ivory" code 8829, Symbol W-ZY. From a Ditzler Supplemental Bulletin dated 3-17-55. The same bulletin also lists Hialeah Green, Sun Valley Yellow, and Pimlico Gray - all Speedster unique colors.

Leave a comment:

• stall
    replied
    I know that my "Black-White-Black" 1955 is Studebaker color code 2680 but what I need is the code from a paint company like R & M, Dupont, or Sherwin Williams in order to get the right mix. I hope someone has a paint chart code.

Thanks

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    Shasta White is a 1955 color and is a little off-white (not refrigerator white).
    Have you checked under your dash for the original paint label (and also the information on the build sheet)?

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Shasta White is a 1955 color and is a little off-white (not refrigerator white).
    Have you checked under your dash for the original paint label (and also the information on the build sheet)?

Leave a comment:

• mmagic
    replied
    Some help...
    http://www.raylinrestoration.com/Tec...PaintForms.htm

Leave a comment:

• stall
    started a topic Paint code help

Paint code help

I've got a 55 Speedster in black and white. I think that the creamy-white is called "Shasta White" but I'm not sure and dont have a paint chart.

Does anyone have a 55 paint chip chart from PPG or Sherwin Williams Etc. that lists the makers paint color code for the 55 white and black color combo.?

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X