Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint code help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Paint code help

    I've got a 55 Speedster in black and white. I think that the creamy-white is called "Shasta White" but I'm not sure and dont have a paint chart.

    Does anyone have a 55 paint chip chart from PPG or Sherwin Williams Etc. that lists the makers paint color code for the 55 white and black color combo.?

    Thanks in advance.
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

    http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

    (/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

  • #2
    Some help...
    http://www.raylinrestoration.com/Tec...PaintForms.htm

    Comment


    • #3
      Shasta White is a 1955 color and is a little off-white (not refrigerator white).
      Have you checked under your dash for the original paint label (and also the information on the build sheet)?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

      SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

      Comment


      • #4
        I know that my "Black-White-Black" 1955 is Studebaker color code 2680 but what I need is the code from a paint company like R & M, Dupont, or Sherwin Williams in order to get the right mix. I hope someone has a paint chart code.

        Thanks

        Originally posted by studegary View Post
        Shasta White is a 1955 color and is a little off-white (not refrigerator white).
        Have you checked under your dash for the original paint label (and also the information on the build sheet)?
        Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

        http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

        (/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

        Comment


        • #5
          It could also be "Congo Ivory" code 8829, Symbol W-ZY. From a Ditzler Supplemental Bulletin dated 3-17-55. The same bulletin also lists Hialeah Green, Sun Valley Yellow, and Pimlico Gray - all Speedster unique colors.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm sure from the info i have that it's "Shasta White" but thanks for the info.

            Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
            It could also be "Congo Ivory" code 8829, Symbol W-ZY. From a Ditzler Supplemental Bulletin dated 3-17-55. The same bulletin also lists Hialeah Green, Sun Valley Yellow, and Pimlico Gray - all Speedster unique colors.
            Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

            http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

            (/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

            Comment


            • #7
              Murray: If this will help, the Ditzler codes for 1955 Studebaker Shasta White are:

              DQE-8023 Alkyd Enamel
              DAL-8023 Lacquer

              Incidentally, it is spelled Chasta White in the period Ditzler catalogs I have, but I don't know if that is correct. Perhaps Chasta has something to do with Chastity?

              Those Dunkards from which the Studebaker family came were pretty straight-laced, you know! <GGG> BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

              Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

              G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks Bob, I appreciate it.

                BTY, the second response listed a pretty cool Studebaker Paint website; my color wasnt there but someone put a lot of work into the site.


                Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Murray: If this will help, the Ditzler codes for 1955 Studebaker Shasta White are:

                DQE-8023 Alkyd Enamel
                DAL-8023 Lacquer

                Incidentally, it is spelled Chasta White in the period Ditzler catalogs I have, but I don't know if that is correct. Perhaps Chasta has something to do with Chastity?

                Those Dunkards from which the Studebaker family came were pretty straight-laced, you know! <GGG> BP
                Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

                http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

                (/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

                Comment

                Working...
                X