Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• junior
    replied
    Brian, so I take it you took that little flattie v-8 out of the Simca for a future project?? Haven't got a reply to the PM I sent you the other day...did you read it??? Thanks, Junior. ps, the weather out here is flippin' awesome....'bout time we got some warmth...High River show n' shine on Sunday, good weather is supposed to hang around until then, last year there were 'bout 1000cars, hope this year is just as good. Cheers, Junior.

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Very cool Jerry. Mine is a 48 Morris hood. And just two days ago I got a call from a fellow that has offered me the front fenders for it.
    I will take a closer picture of it when it gets daylight.
    Good Roads
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Brian, what's that awning over the door to the shop? How about a closer shot.
    Here's a '62 Lark trunk lid I wanted to put over the front door of my house (not really but it gave me bargaining power to get something else I wanted, ;-) ), but OcrappyOne nixed that idea. It now hangs on the wall in my shop.

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Misc 2011 041.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1670716Click image for larger version

Name:	Misc 2011 042.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1670715Saying good buy to the remains......they are of to old car heaven.Click image for larger version

Name:	Misc 2011 043.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1670714 Good Roads................Brian

Leave a comment:

• MRHawkes
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
    Now if it were only a two door!!!

Bob
    With no centre pillar on the right side, maybe this car could be made into a three door. Just be sure to build the long one light enough to be easy on the hinges.

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    I'm good for that, Brian. Rocker panels, too?

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Hi Gord
    $100.00 to remove the rear sheet metal & bumper and I will store it until you get here.
    Do you need anything else for a bullet nose?
    As I have a real nice complete 1950 front end (hood, fenders, grill etc.) from Arizona (no Rust!)that I would like to sell.
    Please let me know about the rear ASAP or sooner!
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    I am long overdue for trip out West. The run to McBride was possible because it was only a 4-hour jaunt from where I am here in Edson. 220 miles door-to-door.

If I go your way, I'd like to have at least a week, so I could go on to Vancouver and visit family. So that depends upon how many days free at the end of this well. If they switch me to the other rig, that could mean very few days. If I stay with this one, I could have a week and a bit.

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Hi gord
    The parts you want could come off the frame in one piece. only 6 bolts to remove but hard to move and manage after that???
    When are you coming to B.C.???

Brian

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Brian, I am at work near Edson right now. Just got here, so I expect to be here for 2 weeks +. If the car's got to go, it's got to go. Unless you want to quote me a price for removing the parts?

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Originally posted by gordr View Post
    Well, Brian, if you do decide to part it out, I'd be interested in the rear fenders, the trunk floor, and the rear valance panel, if present.

Rocker panels, too!

I am far from committing to do a restoration on this '51, but having extra parts on hand for it is always good.
    Hi Gord
    The good news is that these parts are fairly sound except the fronts of the rear fenders, and they are free to you. The bad news is the wife says they have to go!
    The plan was to call the scrap car pick up guy tomorrow.
    And you are on the other side of the mountain?????
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    No need to restore that, just drive it! Wear a leather helmet and goggles to keep your eyelids from peeling back from the speed. By the way, good you left the fender vents in tact to keep you nice and cool.

Pat

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Well, Brian, if you do decide to part it out, I'd be interested in the rear fenders, the trunk floor, and the rear valance panel, if present.

Rocker panels, too!

I am far from committing to do a restoration on this '51, but having extra parts on hand for it is always good.
    Last edited by gordr; 09-20-2011, 12:09 PM. Reason: additional part

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    The poster child for "some cars are beyond restoration".

Leave a comment:

• KJongenburger
    replied
    I offer a bottle of scotch for the hero that restores this poor child.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X