Keeping you posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping you posted

For the one or two of you who do not follow my blog, here is a pic of the current status. The Chassis is back from being coated. And it looks beautiful. It is coated in with the same stuff that they coat trailer frames with so it will probably last another sixty years

and another pic to honor the guys that helped me. The right one did the actual coating, the left one brought it safely back to my workshop.

the pic below links to my blog
    The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Wow !! I'm embarrassed at the finish I was planning !

Comment

Holy cow! That's got to be as good as any high-end restoration anywhere! I have no idea what would give a finish that stunning here in the U.S. Hope the rest of the car comes out as beautiful.

Keep those updates coming!
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Great pictures...Espcially of your helpers...It is reassuring to see that "red-neckism" is not just a southern US thing!

Keep in mind that, a frame paint job that slick will reveal any oil leak immediately. Unlike mine, your oil will quickly drop from that slick frame to the ground without lingering.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John,

that does put some pressure on me to do the engine really well. I already have one leaking car on the driveway (a triumph); I don't think my wife can stand another :-)

Oh, and I don't know about their necks but their bellies stand out quite well.
          Last edited by KJongenburger; 09-16-2011, 04:35 PM. Reason: add.

Comment

Nice job! I wouldn't want to get on the bad side of those two!
            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

And for those that don't know: clicking on his oval photo of the bulletnose is a link to his resto blog.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Man that is just purdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                George King
                Grants Pass, Oregon
                64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
                  Nice job! I wouldn't want to get on the bad side of those two!
                  George, I still have to find their bad side. I don't think they have one.

Comment

Working...
                  X