A THING I HAVE HAD TO PUT A LOT OF WORK AND NEW PARTS
    I DON'T WANT TO SELL BUT I NEED TO PAY BILLS AND WIFE NEEDS
    CAR I HAVE LOTS OF PICS IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE JUST LET ME
    KNOW I CAN TAKE PICS OF ANY PART OF THE CAR YOU WANT TO SEE
    JUST LET ME KNOW
    BUYER WILL NEED TO PICK UP I WILL NOT SHIP

THANKS FOR LOOKING BUGGMANN
    Attached Files

What kind of work have you done? How does it run? Does it run? Rust? How are the floors? Specifics help in obtaining a buyer...

I'm not trying to be rude, but I am trying figure out the price you are asking.
    Last edited by cultural infidel; 09-15-2011, 11:43 PM.
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

That's a nice little car. But sadly, based on the pictures, you have a $1500 car, give or take.

I wish they were worth more, but the reality is they are not. The good news about most Studebakers is, they give people a chance to own a classic car on a working man's budget, and that's a great thing- except when one wants to sell.

Best of luck.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I would like to know how it is a 1500.00 car
        When the nada and kbb for old and classic cars
        Has it set at 8-9,000 for a non running car and
        I drive mine all the time I'm going to post of all
        The work I have done and are still doing till it sells
        I'm not been rude or ill I just would like to know

Comment

I think that the general perception is that the NADA has over-inflated prices as does KBB (my opinion) when it comes to older cars. They may say what it is worth, but the market decides it's actual worth. I've come across a few running early 60's wagons that were in great shape that were going for $5k and they sat for a long time. I would tend to agree with Bob on this one... you have a 1500-2K car without knowing what has been done. Once we know specifics on what has been done, I'm sure we can give a better guess on the price. How much were you selling your 210 for when you got this wagon?

Do you have documentation to prove the mileage is 15K? and not 115K?

We are not trying to discourage you but the market for older cars isnt what the "book" says they are.
          1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

I had some interest until I got to your price. I have purchased more than 50 Studebakers, so I do have some experience with this. Look at completed eBay sales to get an idea of what condition 4 1959-1960 Larks are selling for.

You really stopped me with your statement that you will not ship. I currently have a car that I purchased sight unseen from Gainesville Georgia and had shipped to me.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by buggmann View Post
              When the nada and kbb for old and classic cars
              Has it set at 8-9,000 for a non running car and
              I drive mine all the time I'm going to post of all
              The work I have done and are still doing till it sells
              I'm not been rude or ill I just would like to know
              I think that you should re-examine those values that you quote. I just looked it up on NADA and it has $4150 retail "needing only minor recondioning", which is not your Lark. Your Lark needs, at least, body and paint work.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by buggmann View Post
                Fair question.

I watch the market every day for Studebakers, but especially Larks. They're the model that brought me to Studebakers in the first place, and are still my favorite. I currently have several, and have owned and sold several others.

We frequently see folks overvalue cars based on things like rarity, and the fact they're no longer made. Truth is, in most cases neither is worth much. This holds true especially for non-Big Three brands, like Studebaker. Value is directly related to popularity/desirability. As much as I love my Larks, aside from the Supercharged models in the hobby world at large they have little of either.

Studebakers, including Larks, are a great hobby car- they're cute, different, cheap to buy, fun to drive, and anything one would need for a Stude is readily available, and at reasonable prices. Best of all, the SDC is the best single-marque club in the hobby, full of high-quality and knowledgeable folks; many of which I count as good friends. The only chink in the armor is the low values. Even that's great in most cases- except when one is selling. I wish it wasn't the case- my collection would add up to a nice piece of change. The reality, however, is different.

Here's one example, just finished on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960-...item2c5f1182e1

Don't take my word. List it on eBay with a good description and pictures. Start with a $100 opening bid, and put a reserve at the least you currently think you'd take for it, then see how it does. You'll get thousands of views, and it will be exposed to folks all over the world. The result will be a real-world appraisal of what the buying public is actually willing to pay.

Wish I had better news for you. But not saying the truth does neither you, nor the car, any good.

Best of luck to you.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Old Cars Weekly, last book I have lists. $420, $1260, $2100, $4730, $7350,$10500 based on Parts, Restorable (needs complete restoration) , Good (Drivable needs no work to be functional) , Very Good ( Operable original or older restoration showing wear), Fine (well restored), Excellent (restored to current maximum professional standards) respectively.

My book is a year old but I doubt if these have changed much.

Comment

Like everyone else, I'd be interested but $8500 is more than I have to spend. Could you post some more photos? I'd like to see more of the interior as well as the engine, and any rusty places. What work has been done and what new parts have been installed? A running and driving V8 wagon would be a car I'd consider buying, and you aren't far from me at all. Looks like the guys that follow values here feel it's worth $1500. If it's as solid as it looks and the interior isn't too bad, I'd be a buyer at that price.

Matt Burnette
                    Last edited by mbstude; 09-16-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

We certainly don't want to be rude about the value of your car. However, I had one of those two door wagons and currently have a 1960 four door lark sedan. The wagon I had was bought by a friend for $600 dollars. He started to restore it with my help, got discouraged and gave me the car. Several years later, I sold it for $500. I have been told that it has turned up at another SDC member's shop, still needing restoration.

Looking at your pictures, it looks like the front clip needs to come off and the rust removed and repaired. It has been my experience that the back section of the fenders (where they attach to the firewall/pillar) will require metal to be removed and new metal welded in. The only way to determine how much will need to be repaired is to remove the fenders in order to determine if the firewall and pillar area has corresponding rust problems. Another serious area of hidden rust problems in these wagons is the lower inner sheet metal of the tailgate. Couple these areas of concern with the typical rocker, floor pan, and inner fender area under the battery tray, and it is easy to see why restoring Larks is usually a labor of love than a wise financial investment.

Sorry if this "reality check" seems a bit brutal, but many of us have been where you are. Good luck with what ever you do with the car. I hope you have a very understanding wife.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Ok to start I know the price might be high I was only going by the book But I guess the book does not know it all yes the car does need work it will Need quarter patches it will also need ds floor patch and I don't know About the miles when I got the car I was told it sat for a long time the guy I got it from had it for like 6years and it never moved I tracked down the guy Before him he had it for like 10 years so I'm going off the speedo it list 14297.2 Well I will have to rethink selling it might just have to keep her and fix her up if I keep her were could I get the sheet metal or patch panels I will try to put up more pics

Comment

Ok new price $$ 2500.00 cash will take it wife wants it gone

Comment

What a deal. 2500. V8 and auto. Stay firm on that price. Give it a little time.
                            sigpic
                            '89 Ford Festiva
                            '90 Ford F250 4x4
                            '14 Kia Rio
                            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Well wife want me to sell $$2500.00 will take it
                              I think it will go fast I hope

Comment

Working...
                              X