BEWARE! Fraudulent Ebay Seller-'58 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEWARE! Fraudulent Ebay Seller-'58 President

I just received an email from Ebay regarding a seller, '25260museum', who has a 1958 Studebaker President Hardtop advertised on Ebay (item #150128007198). He lists it as a 'President Lark Gold'. I emailed this seller asking about the reason for the salvage title, how extensive the damage was to the car and to let him know the car is NOT a Lark. He did respond, saying only a door was hit and that the title says [u]it is a Lark</u>; so there!! Ebay was aware of my correspondence with '25260museum', emailed me a lengthy letter to tell me this seller is not entirely legit and is being investigated for some kind of internet fraud; so beware. I know the car was just bid up to $11,200.00, did not sell and is now relisted again. Spread the word so no one gets taken!

Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    christof@rockymountainstudebaker.net
    Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    ckheim@yahoo.com

I got a Buy It Now offer for 11K, but passed. I'm not sure he's not legit, might just have title issues.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I got a Buy It Now offer for 11K, but passed. I'm not sure he's not legit, might just have title issues.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
      59 3E truck
      58 Starlight
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

That explains my second chance offer at my high bid of 11K against a over 15K reserve.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
        63 Avanti R1
        63 Daytona convert
        63 Lark 2 door
        62 Lark 2 door
        60 Lark HT-60Hawk
        59 3E truck
        58 Starlight
        52 & 53 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

That explains my second chance offer at my high bid of 11K against a over 15K reserve.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
          63 Avanti R1
          63 Daytona convert
          63 Lark 2 door
          62 Lark 2 door
          60 Lark HT-60Hawk
          59 3E truck
          58 Starlight
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, it certainly is possible that the account was high-jacked. The car is showing on my 'watch list' as we speak. Is this listing for real or a bogus one?? Wish the owner would put more details in the listing about this car and let potential bidders know there have been some problems with their account listings.

Christof Kheim
            ---studesnbldr
            Christof Kheim
            ---studesnbldr
            ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

Well, it certainly is possible that the account was high-jacked. The car is showing on my 'watch list' as we speak. Is this listing for real or a bogus one?? Wish the owner would put more details in the listing about this car and let potential bidders know there have been some problems with their account listings.

Christof Kheim
              ---studesnbldr
              Christof Kheim
              ---studesnbldr
              ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

It is back out there, but under item number 150129538052 rather than the 150128007198 listed in the original post.
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...29538052QQrdZ1

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

It is back out there, but under item number 150129538052 rather than the 150128007198 listed in the original post.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...29538052QQrdZ1

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

This car, just showed up on Craigs list in Los angeles

Comment

This car, just showed up on Craigs list in Los angeles

Comment

Examining the grammar in his listings, I don't think this person speaks English as a first language, either. FWIW.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard
                        http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Examining the grammar in his listings, I don't think this person speaks English as a first language, either. FWIW.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                          '63 F2/Lark Standard
                          http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

We got an "interesting" E-bay notice. It came as a notice from "E-Bay" it opened up by saying Good Morning Epeel217, there is a problem with your account, blah blah blah.

Ellen's screen name is Epeel2, so I had her forward this letter from E-bay to Spoof at E-bay.

A return letter came saying

Dear Ellen, the letter from E-bay was not fraudulant........etc.

We both looked puzzeled as Ellen does not have an E-bay account.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Billy

Comment

We got an "interesting" E-bay notice. It came as a notice from "E-Bay" it opened up by saying Good Morning Epeel217, there is a problem with your account, blah blah blah.

Ellen's screen name is Epeel2, so I had her forward this letter from E-bay to Spoof at E-bay.

A return letter came saying

Dear Ellen, the letter from E-bay was not fraudulant........etc.

We both looked puzzeled as Ellen does not have an E-bay account.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Billy

Comment

Working...
                              X