OCW Upcoming Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCW Upcoming Error

As many of you know, I often write to magazines and newspapers with comments and corrections. Some of them are published (not a goal). Most of them relate to Studebaker.

I just received an e-mail from the Editor of Old Cars Weekly. He wanted to inform me that there is a Studebaker error that slipped through in the upcoming October 6 issue and a correction will be published in the October 13 issue.

The error is that they list Studebaker as having a hardtop model in 1951.

I was amazed to receive this advance notice of an error.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Sounds like they are getting to know you, Gary!

Comment

I'm impressed. In a world [insert Don LaFontaine voice] where "The Times regrets the error" and "Layers and layers of editorial oversight" have become standing jokes, it's heartwarming to remember what real journalism was all about. And that's the preposition I'll end with.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        As many of you know, I often write to magazines and newspapers with comments and corrections. Some of them are published (not a goal). Most of them relate to Studebaker.

I just received an e-mail from the Editor of Old Cars Weekly. He wanted to inform me that there is a Studebaker error that slipped through in the upcoming October 6 issue and a correction will be published in the October 13 issue.
        Uh oh... does this mean you're getting a reputation as a nitpicker with them?? <GG> Something like:

"Hey Ed, we made a little mistake on a Studebaker detail."

"OMG, that guy that writes us all the time will be all over our case!"

"Oh no, that's right! What can we do??"

"I dunno, we're in big trouble! Get an e-mail off to him right away and admit to it, it's our only hope!!"
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
        X