Rocker Panel Trim strip Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker Panel Trim strip Clips

Has anyone had trouble using the clip that Studebaker Intl. has to attach the trim to the rocker panel? Is there a trick to it or do you just keep trying until the stainless steel molding is fully seated. I know I have to drill six holes on each side. What is the correct size hole? The rocker panel is a new fabricated part, not the original.

Are we talking '64 Cruiser?
    If so, when I did mine years ago with NOS clips I drilled holes for small
    sheet metal screws to attach the clips to the rockers and snapped on the trim.
    It is a tight fit! Seems like there is also an exposed screw at the front of the trim.

Comment

Mine is a '65 so it's the same. I'm waiting for the clips. When they arrive I'll check out your method. Did you remove the tabs that are supposed to snap into the hole so you could use screws?

Comment

"Did you remove the tabs that are supposed to snap into the hole so you could use screws?"

I must have. I remember pondering how to mount the clips, and I know I used screws, but that was is 1980 and now I can't quite remember why.
        I too had replaced the rockers with out having drilled the holes first.
        Perhaps the clips go thru and then get bent over, and/or perhaps the factory mounted the clips before installing the rockers?

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X