Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buggmann new to site

Hi my name is buggmann I'm new here. I just got my 1959 lark 2 door wagon
    She has a v8 not sure what size but it is still a studebaker v8 she also still has her
    Studebaker auto transmission she is all stock she has like 15,500 miles on her
    She has a d6 body code I was told it would make her a lark 8 reagel wagon but
    Not sure as I am new to studebaker I was Told to stop by here for anything studebaker
    so any help I can get with the car will Help me a lot

So thanks in advance buggmann

Hi Tim and welcome to the wonderful world of Studebakers. Your car is a Lark Regal with the 180HP (195 with optional 4BBL manifold and Carburettor) D6. The Serial Number which is (if still attached) on a plate affixed to the LH front door pillar - it will say 59V-0000 whatever number the vehicle is, the engine number is on a machined pad on the top front of the block near the Oil Filter and will be in the range of (US assembly) V418701-V454700 or if built in Canada VC14701-VC16700.If you haven't already you can contact the Studerbaker National Museum in South Bend to obtain your production order. This shows what was ordered and (presumably) built although who can say after this long, mistakes occur and previous owners may have changed things.

I'm in South Australia and the US contingent will be along soon I imagine to advise further and tell me what I have neglected to say :-)~

All the best with your wagon, and post some photos - I'm sure the US mob will ask you for some.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Yep; this is the place. Welcome to Studebaker world! A 1959 Lark Regal V8 wagon is a nice machine overall with which to enjoy the hobby. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Welcome!
        I see that you are in "gainesville", but your profile doesn't say which one - Georgia, Florida or other.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Ok so here are some pics of my wagon as asked for
          The vin plate is still in place and reads as

Studebaker- Packard
          Corporation
          59VI279I

and the body tag reads as

59V-D6
          Hope this helps and anyone that can help decode
          The tags that will help also I will get the motor numbers later
          Attached Files
          Last edited by buggmann; 09-14-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X